We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I take my family in the Vineyard?

Which Oak Bluffs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
1 post
Save Topic
Where should I take my family in the Vineyard?

I have always wanted to visit Martha's Vineyard with my family, but I have no idea where to take them. Can someone please help? My wife and I have 4 kids, ages 4-16. The only ting I have to have is a pool for the them. Other than that it should just be kid friendly. I prefer to rent a house for the week, but am not opposed to other accomodations if you feel it would be a good place for the family. Thank you in advance for your help. Looking forward to our first visit!

Eddie

Uncasville...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should I take my family in the Vineyard?

Hi Eddie,

My in-laws have a house on the vineyard so I've gotten to know it well over the past four years. The Vineyard is a great place for a relaxing week. I would highly recommend renting a house. The hotels on the island tend to be very expensive and few that I know off even have a pool. My in-laws are in Oak Bluffs, so i am a bit biased on recommending you stay there. Wherever you stay the whole isalnd offers alot. Great shopping in Oak Bluffs, Edgartown, and Vineyard Haven. I love State Beach, which runs between Oak Bluffs and Edgartown. The entire island is great for bike rides. The transportation system (buses) runs frequently and have decent prices, but if you can swing it i'd bring your car out. It makes luggage and travel between towns that much easier. The dining is terrific! Breakfast, lunch and dinner options are numerous wherever you stay. If you have any more questions let me know!

MV2
NJ
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should I take my family in the Vineyard?

Hi, I agree with what RIwineguy told you.... but if you can't find a rental let me suggest the Harborside in Edgartown.... that's HarborSIDE not Harbor View. The HS is right on the harbor, has a pool and the rooms all have little fridges in them which is great when traveling with kids. I've stayed there many times with the family and it has always worked out well.

I too like State Beach between Edgartown and Oak Bluffs, it's pretty and the surf is calm.

You can do things like visit the Flying Horses in OB... the oldest carousel in the US. Miniature golf in Vineyard Haven. A drive out to Aquinnah (Gay Head) to see the clay cliffs is a must. I'm sure you can find activities listed on www.mvol.com

Have fun.

3. Re: Where should I take my family in the Vineyard?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Oak Bluffs
Recent Conversations