We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on the Old Tavern Inn Orleans

Which Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mooresville, North...
5 posts
Save Topic
Info on the Old Tavern Inn Orleans

Aftere reading the reviews, Now looking at staying at the Old Tavern Inn, Orleans any comments. Looking for what is in walking access to the inn that i can do with a six yr old. Also does the Inn give you discounts or discount tickets to tourist attractions. And any thing else you might find helpful

Thanks

Orleans
Level Contributor
4 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Info on the Old Tavern Inn Orleans

They are a motel. The Orleans Inn is the only true Inn. The other motels have added Inn to their listing in order to trade off our good name. Any listing that offers "check rates" is paying a comission in which Trip Advisor benefits. Deal directly with those that do not have to pay to lure customers. When we reported this to Trip Advisor they rewarded us by dropping us from number 1 in Orleans to last. Always check with the Chamber of Commerce to learn the truth about the area.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,189 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Info on the Old Tavern Inn Orleans

Waterfront, I'm thinking of the Parsonage Inn, and the Nauset House Inn in Orleans....both, IMO fine inns in Orleans.

But to the question at hand, I can say that the location of the Gov. Prence is more central since it is a bit closer to Main Street where most of the shopping is located. And the Gov Prence sits up high off Rt 6A while the Old Tavern sits in a small hollow sloping down away from 6A. Take a look at the Google Map for them relative to Main Street, check the reviews and then go for the one that feels right. They are both motels, with pools on Rt. 6 A in Orleans, Old Tavern is ranked #1 on TA and Gov Prence is ranked # 5.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,766 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Info on the Old Tavern Inn Orleans

Well, I can't say whether these motels have an ulterior motive when they use the word inn, but what about the Holiday Inn chain, I doubt whether they are trying to take advantage of the so-called real inns. As for Trip Advisor dropping you down a few points because of your complaint I wish someone from T.A. would comment on this.

These motels/inns have been active in Orleans for as long as I can remember, certainly long before The Inn of the Yankee Fisherman, with its rather sketchy reputation, became the Orleans Inn. Long before Trip Advisor, so they must be doing something right.

Edited: 20 June 2010, 01:28
Atlantic Coast
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Info on the Old Tavern Inn Orleans

I haven't been around here very long, but I became really suspicious of all the TA rankings after someone here posted that the Box Office Cafe in S. Chatham was listed here as the #1 restaurant on Cape Cod. That's just ridiculous. I do enjoy reading the travelers' reviews and taking a look at their photos. I get a pretty good overview by doing this. TA isn't the only place to find reviews of restaurants, hotels or inns and I suggest doing research on a variety of sites.

15. Re: Info on the Old Tavern Inn Orleans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Orleans