We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

up for one night and day

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
up for one night and day

We are going up to Pittsfield and Hinsdale Ma to look at a camp for out daughter next Saturday.. Can you recommend a nice place for dinner in that area - that I can get a good drink and great food?

And also a lunch place near by for me and my husband while my daughter is at camp?

Also- what is a must see in that area?

Thanks

gigi

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: up for one night and day

Gigi205,

I have answered many of these questions in a posting to LoveToTravel524. I suggest you check out her posting:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28942-i47-k288354…

Her daughter is currently working at a camp in Hinsdale... could be the same one! She leaves for the northeast on Tuesday, so you may want to direct some questions her way on the chance her daughter works at the camp you are checking out!

As for dining, I suggest Patrick's Pub in the center of Pittsfield. Currently there is a lot of road construction in front of it and you may need to walk a little to get to the front door, but they are open! http://patricksinpittsfield.com/

I also suggest Mazzeo's Italian Restaurant, also in Pittsfield. http://www.mazzeosristorante.com/ It is located in an odd location, behind 2 large billboards, but rest assured it is a popular place and has been there for a long time.

For lunch, try Zucco’s Family Restaurant, 457 Dalton Avenue in Pittsfield. Also, Matt Rielly's on route 7 at the Lanesborough Pittsfield town line is decent, with nice views from their outdoor deck overlooking Pontoosuc Lake.

There are lots of good restaraunts in the area and I suggest you check the other posting for more suggests and "things to do" ideas.

If you have more questions, let me know!

Westernmass

Mentioned in this post
Patrick's Pub
Patrick's Pub
273 Reviews
Pittsfield, MA
Pittsfield
Pittsfield
Berkshires, MA
Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: up for one night and day

Thanks so much-

I will check this out-

Have you ever heard of or eaten at Brix Wine Bar on West Street in Pittsfield?

GIGI

Mentioned in this post
Pittsfield
Pittsfield
Berkshires, MA
Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: up for one night and day

I drive by it every day, but I'm not a wine drinker and don't know of anyone who has been there. It is within sight of Patrick's Pub, diagonally across the intersection. Patrick's is on what they call Park Square (a rotary in the center of Pittsfield, with a park in the middle). This is the intersection of East, West and North Streets.

Westernmass

Mentioned in this post
Patrick's Pub
Patrick's Pub
273 Reviews
Pittsfield, MA
Pittsfield
Pittsfield
Berkshires, MA
Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: up for one night and day

My mother in law says the Dakota restaurtnat im :enox is great and has a local good review. any help

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: up for one night and day

Yes, the Dakota is very good. It is a steak house. It is actually in Pittsfield, a short distance north of the Pittsfield / Lenox town line, on route 7 and 20. GPS would probably list it as South St, Pittsfield.

Westernmass

Mentioned in this post
Pittsfield
Pittsfield
Berkshires, MA
Lenox
Lenox
Berkshires, MA
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
462 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: up for one night and day

Hey...I know you from the Anguilla forum! You were in my neck of the woods in July...did your daughter end up going to camp here? Where did you end up having dinner?

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: up for one night and day

We went to look at Taconic - but I think she will be going to camp next summer in PA. I forgot the name of the restaurant we went to for dinner - it was a little french place across the street from The Crowne Plaza hotel. e went to Dakota for brunch on Sunday- it was ok. Going back to Anguilla in December - can't wait- small world. Are you going to Anguilla anytime soon? xx Gigi

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
462 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: up for one night and day

We are going back to Anguilla in November. I can't wait! We've never been in November. I agree with you about Dakota...nothing special. NOt sure what the French place was...Brix maybe? Yes..it is a small world!

9. Re: up for one night and day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2010, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Pittsfield
More Pittsfield Topics