We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radisson Plymouth Harbor

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Radisson Plymouth Harbor

I booked through Priceline's "Name your own price" feature and this is the hotel that they gave me. We chose Plymouth because 1.) Boston is sooo expensive and 2.) because it looks like it's pretty central to Boston, Cape Cod, and Newport. Can anyone tell me anything about this hotel? I have read the reviews on TA and they aren't great, but I have had several experiences where the reviews on here aren't great and we had a great experience, so I am asking you, the locals, to fill me in please. Will we like the location in terms of view, proximity to attractions, ease on/off highway, etc.?

Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,242 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Radisson Plymouth Harbor

The hotel is nothing specatacular, but it will be fine. It is located right in Plymouth Harbor, so if you get an oceanview room, you'll have a terrific view of Plymouth Harbor and the Mayflower II. The hotel was a Sheraton when it first opened, but it is smaller than most Sheratons and Radissons.

There is a cute little group of shops right next door and tons of restaurants within easy walking distance. I'm estimating that you're about a mile from the exit off of Route 3, but it is very easy to get to from the hotel.

You're closer to Cape Cod than Boston, about 40 miles south of Boston. Newport will take you about 90 minutes or more to get to (it's a hike).

If you tell us what else you are planning to do while in Plymouth, we can offer more pointers.

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Radisson Plymouth Harbor

Diva21,

Thanks so much for the info. Basically, our plans include attending a Red Sox game at Fenway for which we already have our tickets, seeing some of the historic sites in Boston by way of the Freedom Trail, driving down to Cape Cod one day, driving to Newport to see the mansions on a different day, visiting the Roger Williams Zoo in Providence on yet another day, and seeing the sights around Plymouth such as the Mayflower II and Plimouth Plantation. We are really looking forward to our trip, because we have never been to New England before. If the Radisson isn't spectacular, that will be okay with us. Just so long as it's clean, safe, reasonably modern, and close to attractions, we'll be fine.

Thanks again!

3. Re: Radisson Plymouth Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 12:16