We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations between Hingham and Plymouth

Saint George, Canada
Level Contributor
294 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodations between Hingham and Plymouth

I am looking for a nice, clean spot somewhere between Hingham and Plymouth. I am traveling to the area to complete some genealogy work, my family's (Bradford family & Leavitt family) originate from both locations and I would like to be somewhere in nearby. Any suggestions?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,304 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations between Hingham and Plymouth

There are several hotels and motels in Plymouth, the Best Western Cold Spring being a favorite, as is the Governor Bradford.

There's not much between the 2 towns, but they aren't far apart at all. There are a few chain motels in Rockland, which is somewhat close to Hingham and right near the highway for access to Plymouth.

Saint George, Canada
Level Contributor
294 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations between Hingham and Plymouth

Wow... the Governor Bradford! Well, I am sold on it. Gov. Bradford is my ancestor and pricinpal reason for my travel to that area.

Boston area
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodations between Hingham and Plymouth

There are a lot of good accomodations in Plymouth. The Bradford is one of the older ones. There are some newer one, Hilton Garden, Hampton, Comfort inn that have pools and breakfast. These are also close to the highway. You can go to http://visit-plymouth.com and check the hotels, etc. out. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Saint George, Canada
Level Contributor
294 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodations between Hingham and Plymouth

Thanks for the link!

Another option we are considering is staying in Boston. I know many of those hotels and can currently get a 4-5 star property for approx. $40 per night. How far is the commute from Boston/Chelsea to Plymouth?

Boston area
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodations between Hingham and Plymouth

That's cheap for Boston! It's 40 miles to Plymouth from Boston, longer from Chelsea, which is north of Boston.It depends on the time of day but it'll take about 45 mins.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,182 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodations between Hingham and Plymouth

Please let us know what 4 star property is $40. I can't stay home without spending more.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodations between Hingham and Plymouth

I assume you are bidding on Priceline or using Hotwire. The $40- 4 star must be the Wyndham, it's the only hotel in Chelsea that could be considered 4 stars. You might be better off checking places like Quincy or Braintree instead of Chelsea/Boston since that's closer to the Plymouth and Hingham area and close enough to Boston. Chelsea would be more complicated to get to Plymouth and Hingham area but personally I think you would be happier staying a few nights right in Plymouth.

Saint George, Canada
Level Contributor
294 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodations between Hingham and Plymouth

Sorry, the rate is more of an internal/employee rate. I will be holding off on booking for a few weeks since I am now waiting to hear back on a possible condo in the Hyannis area.

9. Re: Accommodations between Hingham and Plymouth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 06:17