We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving

Which Plymouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn
2 posts
Save Topic
Thanksgiving

My wife and my sister are driving up to Plymoth on Nov 23. Any suggestions for restaurants in town doing special Thanksgiving dinners? Aside from Plymoth Plantation, are there any other Thanksgiving events we should not miss.?

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving

Good morning Delmundo,

See if you can get reservations at the Daniel Webster Inn! Call 508 888-3623 OR 800 444-3566

There's a couple of good sites for restaurants in Plymouth with listings, one of them is:

http://pilgrims.net/plymouth/din.htm

Good luck!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving

Here's the site to check out the Daniel Webster Inn....

http://www.danlwebsterinn.com/dinner.html

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving

The Daniel Webster Inn is GREAT for DINNER. It's in Sandwich and the reason why I recmmended it to you is because there's really nothing that jumps out at me in Plymouth for some place special, you know what I mean? There's a lot of seafood restaurants but nothing like this, they'd probably kill me in Plymouth for saying this and hopefully some one that lives there can suggest a really nice place for you here!! I have friends that live in Plymouth and they took us here one time and it was positively WONDERFUL! This INN is SOOO nice and their dining room is absolutely beautiful especially for a holiday like this!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving

Just a warning that many places require a reservation in advance for Thankgiving Day dinner. If you call soon you probably can get in some place. Check out this thread where people listed where to have Thanksgiving dinner (the listings however aren't specific to Plymouth):

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28942-i47-k338863…

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving

Delmundo,

Check this site out, it's good, I just found it. There's a Hearth N Kettle in Plymouth and they're really good for dinner. There's a few restaurants listed here that are right in Plymouth or the surrounding area. I guess there's more than I thought! It still looks like more seafood restaurants though, check it out here any way....

http://www.visit-plymouth.com/dining.asp

Boston
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving

Plymouth......my Thanksgiving nemesis!! The traffic heading down Rt. 3 towards Plymouth on Thanksgiving Day is B-R-U-T-A-L!! The southbound lane drop at the Derby Street exit may have something to do with it, but my annual trek from the north shore to relatives in Scituate is guaranteed to be aweful!

scituate, ma
Level Contributor
421 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving

Another vote for The Daniel Webster Inn. It's really lovely, and Sandwich is very nice.

I also a fan of the Hearth n' Kettle. It's very reasonable, and the food is good homestyle cooking.

NoMo is right, Plymouth is mostly seafood resteraunts. It's also off-season for many waterfront places.

Plymouth Plantation is a very interesting place, definitely worth a visit. You can also drive along the waterfront and hop out of your car for a look at Plymouth Rock (actually I have one in my backyard just like it).

Note to Powie:

Our relatives also travel from the North Shore every year to come have dinner with us in Scituate - small world! We all eat ourselves silly, and then walk on the beach.

Hanson...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanksgiving

The Dan'l Webster is beautiful, but it's not in Plymouth...it's in Sandwich.

Don't use the website pilgrims.net! It is grossly outdated! www.visit-plymouth.com is updated on a regular basis.

check with these restaurants for T-Day dinner, but make reservations!:

East Bay Grille - 508-746-9751

14 Union - 508-747-4503

Harbor Grille at the Radisson - 508-747-4900

Hearth n Kettle at the John Carver Inn - 508-747-7405.

As far as what to do...

-You mentioned the Plantation...excellent!

-also the Pilgrim's Progress march at 10am starting at Plymouth Rock

-the First People's Pavilion near Plymouth Rock

-the Pilgrim Hall museum

-the Jenney Grist Mill

-the Howland House

-the 1749 Court House

-Mayflower II

-walking tours

Plenty to do!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thanksgiving

Yes, I recommend highly the Pilgrim Hall Museum and the Jenney Grist Mill. I visited both this past summer. You could call the Grist Mill and see if they are still doing grinding demonstrations. It is very worthwhile to visit during the demonstrations but still interesting when this is not going on. Of all of Plymouth area, the parking behind the grist mill is good (and free).

Here is the mill web site:

http://www.jenneygristmill.com

Mass
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Thanksgiving

Many mentions of the Daniel Webster and Hearth 'n Kettle. Even thought both are owned by the same people, they each offer a very different dining style. Love the turkey dinner at Hearth 'n Kettle ( often a Thursday nigh special) but don't hesitate to go dressed in my jeans. On the other hand, Daniel Webster offers a much more "upscale" dining experence, with an upscale price too!

Traffic on Rt. 3 is terrible on the holiday. Allow pleny of time. After 5 years, I now tell my kids dinner is at 2:00, planning to serve closer to 3:00 and still get calls that they are stuck in traffic! This year I'm not cooking, but looking for reservation too!