We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick transport query!

Quick transport query!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2013, 18:43
Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick transport query!

I can't answer your question directly. The Plimouth Plantation is maybe 3 - 4 miles outside the center of town. But you would need also to get back to the train station after visiting P.P. I might suggest you contact the tourism office in Plymouth, or Plimouth Plantation customer service, or check the websites of both. I wonder if there is a shuttle of some kind. P.P. is a major tourist attraction, and people do want to go between the sights downtown (including the Mayflower replica) and the P.P. You could also search the web for a cab service that is based in Plymouth, just so you are ready with a phone number. Be sure when in Plymouth itself to check out the monument to the Pilgrim women. I find this quite moving! I also like the very old-fashioned Pilgrim Museum.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,337 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick transport query!

Be aware that the train doesn't go to Plymouth all day long. The majority of the time, it stops in Kingston which is the stop before Plymouth. Be sure and read the schedule carefully.

There is bus service, GATRA, in Plymouth, but I'm not sure of the schedule. You could look at their website gatra.org for more information. You'd want PAL, the Plymouth link. Your only other option is a taxi from the train station to the Plantation, then calling another taxi to go from the Plantation to downtown (where the Mayflower, the rock and the shops/restaurants are) and then another taxi back to the train station. Plymouth doesn't have a lot of cabs (I'd be amazed if they had more than 3-5), but you shouldn't have a problem.

It's about 5 miles from the Plymouth train station to the Plantation and the downtown area is about halfway between the 2.

Good luck.

3. Re: Quick transport query!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2010, 06:16