We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old resort from the 50's, still around?

Which Plymouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
213 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Old resort from the 50's, still around?

Wondering if anyone knows the name, location or fate of a resort that was in Plymouth as far back as the 50's. A friends parents used to go and she'd like to take her mother back there. She recalls that it was right on the beach, fairly large place with a dress for dinner type of atmosphere. It may have had "shore" in the name. We're thinking that it could still be in business but the name may have changed, or it could be long gone.

Appreciate any assistance you can give us. Thanks in advance.

Boston area
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Old resort from the 50's, still around?

I don't think it's still around. I've been around Plymouth for the last 10 years and iIhaven't seen or heard of this place. Good luck!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
213 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old resort from the 50's, still around?

Thanks for answering. Do you think it could have been a neighboring town possibly?

Boston area
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Old resort from the 50's, still around?

It could have been on the Cape. I've asked around and no one remembers it. There use to be a big hotel on Warren Ave. that could have been a resort years ago. Sorory I can't help.

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
660 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old resort from the 50's, still around?

Hi,

I think the hotel that you are looking for was named the "Mayflower Hotel", it was located down in Manomet, right overlooking White Horse beach, it had a golf course, gardens and a formal ball/dining room. Unfortunately, the hotel closed many years ago and it is now home to condos.

Unless...they stayed at Pilgrim Sands www.pilgrimsands.com which is more of a budget place right on Plymouth Beach.

If you call the Pilgrim Museum or Antiq. Society they will have more information.

Love Plymouth but getting overdeveloped.

5. Re: Old resort from the 50's, still around?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2011, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Plymouth