We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Campgrounds near Plymouth

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
153 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Campgrounds near Plymouth

I'm seeing pretty mixed reviews about Campgrounds near Plymouth from several different sources....google, TA (the most recent seem to be several years old), yahoo.... does anyone have a current recommendation for a campground near Plymouth. We actually prefer state parks to private parks, but Miles Standish State Forest is the only one I've found so far....thoughts?

Thanks.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Campgrounds near Plymouth

Are you talking camping with an RV or camping with tents? I don't have personal experience on this one but the conversation has happened before here. Type it into the search box to see past threads. Here is one: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28942-i47-k382664…

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,201 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Campgrounds near Plymouth

I have friends who go to Pinewood every summer and fall, and family that goes to Sandy Pond. Myles Standish is very popular, but I can't speak to it.

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
660 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Campgrounds near Plymouth

Myles Standish is beautiful in the summer, other than that heard Pinewood is decent. If neither of these are what you are looking for google the following towns; Bourne, Sandwich and Wareham, all have campgrounds.

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
660 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Campgrounds near Plymouth

and FYI Myles Standish is the only state park in Plymouth, all others will be private. I know that Bourne has one near the Cape Cod Canal, pretty area.

Falmouth...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended Campgrounds near Plymouth

Myles Standish is a good bet. We've camped there in the past and there's a lot more in the area now, the Shops at 5 has BJ's, few restaurants, Home Depot, Eastern Mountain sports, and a Petsmart.

6. Re: Recommended Campgrounds near Plymouth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2013, 10:17