We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayflower and Plymouth Rock

Oregon
Level Contributor
113 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Mayflower and Plymouth Rock

Hi

We are planning on visiting Plymouth on our way to Cape Cod. Are the above locations located close to each other? We were hoping to see both and then lunch before we traveled on. Is this doable?

ontario
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayflower and Plymouth Rock

from what research I have done, it looks like the Mayflower 'ship' is not there right now due to renos.....

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,501 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayflower and Plymouth Rock

Yea, I was going to say the same thing. I've seen from this forum that the ship is closed until next year. Plymouth Rock, is literally a rock, very small, but it is right next to the ship. Plimouth Plantation is also right there if you'd want to visit that. And the waterfront is very pretty to walk along.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,679 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayflower and Plymouth Rock

Plimouth Plantation isn't actually near the Mayflower or Plymouth Rock. It's a considerable distance away and is not walkable.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,322 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mayflower and Plymouth Rock

You didn't mention visiting Plimouth Planation just the rock (which takes 2 minutes) and the ship. If you plan to visit the Plantation you can stop there after leaving the city of Plymouth. Depending on how much interest you have in the subject the Plantation can take a while to see.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,329 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mayflower and Plymouth Rock

Yes, you need to drive from Plimouth Plantation to Plymouth Rock. Rock is free to see while there is a charge for the Plantation. Ir is no that big and you can tour it in a couple hours.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,501 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mayflower and Plymouth Rock

It's a 4 minute drive between Plimouth plantation and the rock. I'd consider that walkable, but very easy to drive to.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,329 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mayflower and Plymouth Rock

I drove from plantation to ship during a visit there last summer and it seemed longer than a 4 minute walk, so I just checked the website. PP website says the plantation is three miles from the ship. Also, I am not sure if there are sidewalks for the entire route.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,501 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mayflower and Plymouth Rock

No, 4 minute drive. Longer walk. ;)

Oregon
Level Contributor
113 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mayflower and Plymouth Rock

Thank you so much for your responses. We are planning to see Plimouth Plantation. How far from Boston is the Plantation? We are now thinking of seeing the Plantation and having lunch on the waterfront. Any lunch recommendations?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,501 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mayflower and Plymouth Rock

It'll probably take you about 45 minutes from Boston to Plymouth, of course depending on traffic (avoid leaving Boston anytime after 3pm). I've heard good things about this place: yelp.com/biz/…20Restaurants. It's called the Blue Eyed Crab. I've never eaten there myself but would like to. I'd just avoid Isaacs. That place is gross.