We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating in Plymouth or nearby.

Which Plymouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Swindon,England
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Eating in Plymouth or nearby.

My wife and I are staying 3 nights at the Best Western at the end of the month. Could anyone recommend places to eat (Breakfast,lunch & dinner) in or around Plymouth. Simple food preffered but we will try anything which is good value for money.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating in Plymouth or nearby.

A couple thoughts just to start...

East Bay Grill has a variety of grill and seafood, and is right on the waterfront. The Roo Bar is across town a bit (I think you would need to go by car), but has a fun, upscale bar/restaurant atmosphere. Both of these have fairly moderate prices, but are not truely budget options.

A great value for the money (although not traditionally simple food), is an Indian restaurant called Namaste. Flavorful food, and a convenient location right on Main Street in the center of town.

usa
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating in Plymouth or nearby.

Persey's Place has an extensive breakfast menu but Daniela's cafe has great baked goods and friendly locals!

Swindon,England
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating in Plymouth or nearby.

Thanks for your advice.

I have just returned from the USA and we tried both the East Bay Grill and Daniella's cafe. Both were excellent. I would also like to recommend the Weathervane, where their fish & Chips where out of this world and reasonably priced. The service in all these was first class.

We also went to the Winslow Cafe on Main St but as soon as they found out that we wer'nt local the servive was not as good as it could have been and the coleslaw and the pickle were both sour, Be careful. Try shopping next dood. She is a lovely lady and excwllwnt value for money. We spent a fortune in there. Great.

usa
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating in Plymouth or nearby.

Thanks for the advice on where to go for fish and chips, my husband's favorite food. Last month we stopped at Daniela's Cafe for breakfast on our way to the Cape. Then, we couldn't resist eating there for lunch on our way back to Boston...excellent sandwiches and grabbed some baked goods for the plane.

PLYMOUTH
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating in Plymouth or nearby.

Try the Windy Ridge Fish and Chips, Best in The City Centre.

On MARKET AVE by the Pub.

MEAL DEAL Cod and Chips with Peas Tea and Bread and Butter at a great price.

Ask for a FREE Onion Ring there are Great Best Ever.

Tell me what you throught?

PLYMOUTH
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating in Plymouth or nearby.

Try the Windy Ridge Fish and Chips, Best in The City Centre.

On MARKET AVE by the Pub.

MEAL DEAL Cod and Chips with Peas Tea and Bread and Butter at a great price.

Ask for a FREE Onion Ring there are Great Best Ever.

Tell me what you throught?

Plymouth, MA
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating in Plymouth or nearby.

You have got to be kidding about The Winslow Cafe!

It has been my favorite restaurant for over a year now, and I have seen that they bend over backwards for tourists, not just locals!

I can't imagine the lovely ladies there changing their attitude once they found you were traveling, and have to assume that you yourself had a bad day and projected it on the staff.

Any others traveling to Plymouth deserve to give the cafe a try, and enjoy the amazing food.

Anyway, one bad review does not make or break a cafe...

Just thought I would add my thoughts.

8. Re: Eating in Plymouth or nearby.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 00:19