We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ptown in the Rain

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
459 posts
Save Topic
Ptown in the Rain

I knew this long stretch of perfect weather wouldn't last forever. My husband and I are coming to Ptown on Friday for 5 days...the forecast is looking like rain for at least 3 days. We had planned on walking out to Long Point Light, across the dunes to the dune shacks, Great Island hike in Wellfleet and visiting the Wellfleet Wildlife Sanctuary. Mostly outdoors stuff. We're going to need to revise our plans a little bit. What are your suggestions for things to do in or around Ptown on a rainy day?

Provincetown
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ptown in the Rain

First, don't always believe the forecast. Get up, look out the window, and then decide. Do the gallery's. Visit the library - Rose Dorothea replica. Atlantic Spice Company. A walk on the beach in the rain can be somewhat pleasant, although the wind could be an issue. The TW festival is going on this week-end, take in a movie or a lecture. Check out The Truro Vineyard for wine tastings. Take a walk on MacMillan Pier and see the remaining fishing fleet. Farmers Market on Saturday. Any numerous restaurants and bars to pop in to take the chill off. Provincetown Art Association and Museum. Provincetown monument museum. Whydah museum.

Enjoy!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ptown in the Rain

I agree. Don't put too much stock in the weather reports. P-Town often has very different weather than the "mainland", and the bad weather usually passes quickly.

My favorite time to be in P-Town is actually the middle of the winter, when the streets are virtually deserted and a light snow is falling. There are plenty of shops and galleries open, and as posted earlier, a drink by the fireside is a great way to take the cill off. I love stopping in at the Little Bar, listening to the jukebox and sitting by the stone fireplace with a Frangelico.

Live_From_Ptown
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ptown in the Rain

Entertainer Jimmy James is in town this weekend at the Post Office Cabaret. A show not for children, but very entertaining.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
156 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ptown in the Rain

If its raining but not strong...you can still enjoy a nice stroll with a nice cup of coffee or hot cocoa. When I am in P-Town and it rains, I tend to take advantage of the art galleries and museums. Go window shopping, the Whaler's Wharf have nice shops and even a movie theater. I know that the last thing you want to do during your vacation is to catch a movie, but I did that in July (saw Mama Mia) and really enjoyed it. Also...there are still performers so you can catch a nice show/cabaret. I do agree with the above....do not rely on the weather stations, they tend not to be right most of the times.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ptown in the Rain

It's doubtful this forecast is wrong. We will have rain but how much depends on the track of this storm. Eat, drink and enjoy the shops..fudge, Malasadas and nice hot coffee...

6. Re: Ptown in the Rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2008, 01:39
7. Re: Ptown in the Rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 02:16