We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry service to P'town

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ontario, canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
ferry service to P'town

I am going July 4th long week-end to P"town, what ferry from Boston is the better ferry to take. I have searched both companies, the Bay State Cruise LIne and the Boston Harbor Cruise.

Is there a difference in service? Is there a difference in Piers,

Can anyone give me advise on both options.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,008 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry service to P'town

The depart from differnt lcoations in Boston but end up at the same place in P-town. Go for the one w/ the schedule and/or Boston pier that's most convenient for you.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
995 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry service to P'town

Both departure locations in Boston are easily accessible by public transportation or taxi or, if you are downtown, by walking. Don't even think about driving and parking, altho it is possible to park near the Bay State terminal. Both take 90 mins. and end up at essentially the same place in Ptown. The Boston Harbor Cruises boat is larger and to my mind more comfortable, but the difference isn't large; take the one that best fits your schedule.

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry service to P'town

thank you, that is what i wanted to know, what the difference is on the boats, or the services that they provide.

4. Re: ferry service to P'town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2009, 05:32