We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's your favorite restaurants in PTown?

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
What's your favorite restaurants in PTown?

Just doing some planning for the upcoming summer vacations I plan to spend in Provincetown this season.

I would really like to know what's everyone's favorite restaurants. I love Front Street, Fanizzi's, Jimmy's Hideaway, Lobster Pot & Red Inn

I'd love to broaden my horizons this summer though. What your recommendations?

boston, ma
Level Contributor
997 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's your favorite restaurants in PTown?

You have some good restaurants already, but to that list I would add the Mews, Edwige, Enzo, and Patio. Patio is maybe a step down from the others but it is a great place to eat outside during the summer. I don't know how long you've been coming to P'town but Patio was the old Cafe Blase, which had a reputation for bad food. Patio is much better and worth a try.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,793 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's your favorite restaurants in PTown?

It's hard to pass up the Lobster Pot or the Red Inn for different menus and budgets though. Hope you can find a new favorite that you can add to your list.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's your favorite restaurants in PTown?

Great posting and even better that you thought of this in advance. I am sure there are many out there who have thought about the same thing and never bothered to post. (Yes, GUILTY!)

Truthfully, I have walked by the Lobster Pot a million times and could never bring myself to go in because it always looked so dirty. Is the inside any better than the outside?

I am also a stickler for bathrooms. If a restaurant has a dirty bathroom, the chances are just as great that their kitchen is most likely a mess too.

I have wanted to try out some of the "better" restaurants but was always fearful of having to pay a high price for mediocre food. So far, I found Michael Shay's to be rather good. Twisted Sisters has a consistently great pizza and Bubbala's had the best fish and chips. I DID notice though if you go to any restaurant with a local resident who is familiar with the owners, the chances were much greater that the food would be exceptional than if you just went on your own.

I am really curious to see some of the other posts on this though as I will be making notes too!

Live_From_Ptown
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's your favorite restaurants in PTown?

A somewhat new restaurant in town is Victor's (this yr will be their 3rd yr). We've gone there a few times and have always loved it. My standbys are MEWS, Fanizzi's and The Red Inn, but I like to try new places when they open and Victor's was a winner.

I'm not a sushi eater so I haven't eaten at Sakki, but I've been in their space and it's a beautiful space. People I know who have gone there LOVED it, we had some guests in town for a week and they went there three times.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
223 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's your favorite restaurants in PTown?

Overall, for the nicer meals, I've never been let down by Front Street, Edwige, the Mews, or Ross' Grill. Ross Grill has no bad tables and has a beautiful bay view looking off the second floor of Whaler's Wharf. The Mews has an excellent vodka selection and two different dining atmospheres. Edwige, famous for its breakfasts/brunches, does a sublime dinner. You already know Front Street & its allure.

As for more casual/simple fare, Frappo66 has a really cool cafeteria setup. You get a gourmet entree and 3 sides from a selection of about 12 differing sides and 4 or 5 differing entrees daily. They have a strong Mediterranean variety mixed with some Americana. Located in the same facility as many shows, it's a great quick dinner for a pre-show. Sakki has the prettiest decor in town (my opinion) and a very good sushi and sashimi menu. Twisted Sister has the best pizza in town. Spiritus is the people-watching spot, but Twisted Sister's the place to actually grab a slice.

For lunch fare, Relish has a great selection of deli sandwiches, picnic fare, and the best cupcakes I've ever had. They're a perfect stop for beach picnic fare or for a baked good. Burger Queen is so simple it's silly, but the staff's nice and the short order simplicity is worth the "roughing it". Box Lunch and Blue Light both offer some excellent sandwiches.

For breakfast, I mentioned Edwige already, but Cafe Heaven, Post Office Cafe, and Michael Shays are all worthy of equally praiseful mention.

As for mid-meal snacks, the Portugese Bakery, I Dream of Gelato, and the Purple Feather are all MUSTS on my between munchings...

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's your favorite restaurants in PTown?

Thanks all for who responded - One of my favorite things to do in PTown is eat. I book my reservations months in advance.

This year I will try Victors and Ross's Grill. But I have heard Ross's is more a lunchtime thing.

If anyone hasn't tried Jimmy's Hideaway - I recommend it. very charming and fantastic food.

I am also glad someone mentioned Frappo66. It's cafeteria style with delicious , large portions for very reasonable prices - $26 bucks! Great option if you are looking to save $ and would like to eat when ever. And the sitting area is very metropolitan like NYC style places. And I second Cafe Heaven for breakfast - excellent omelets and tea selections. Post office is OK for breakfast but I tend to think there's a little bit of attitude in the servers there.

Lobster pot is somewhat "touristy" but the seafood is ALWAYS fresh and ALWAYS delicious there. My issue is no reservations and it's packed and also there's always a hectic atmosphere there. But go any night other than Friday or Sat and this will be less of an issue.

Please keep your suggestions coming. Hopefully new places open this season.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
223 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's your favorite restaurants in PTown?

I've actually only done Ross' Grill for dinner. They are closed one or two nights a week, however, so I'd factor that as you plot which night you do what restaurant. (I love itinerant travellers, as they always know where they're headed!)

Hartford...
Level Contributor
156 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's your favorite restaurants in PTown?

This are my faves in order: The Mews, Ciro & Sal's, Bubula's and The Patio. For quick service, Big Daddy's Burritos and for the BEST Pizza, Spiritus.

Providence
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's your favorite restaurants in PTown?

If you like margaritas, you must go to Lorraine's, even if for appetizers.

Try the oysters at Red Inn, and Bobola's is always good for lunch.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's your favorite restaurants in PTown?

Anyone mind if I post this thread as a Top Question on the Cape Cod forum page? It has great info! thanks!