We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cool hotel in PTown?

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
montreal
Level Contributor
7 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Cool hotel in PTown?

Will be visiting PTown over Labor Day weekend. Looking for a small boutique hotel but can only find B&B's. We usually stay at the Townhouse in Miami Beach, Drake Hotel in Toronto, Ace Hotel in Seattle, Erwin in Venice Beach. Modern, funky, fun.....

Anything like that anywhere in the Cape Cod/Provincetown area?

Thank you!

boston, ma
Level Contributor
989 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cool hotel in PTown?

There is really nothing like a boutique hotel in P'town. The hotels like Provincetown Inn, Surfside Inn, and Cape Inn generally get lower ratings than guest houses. I recommend that you check out guest house listings. Many of them are similar to small hotels in amenities offered.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cool hotel in PTown?

Check out the Brass Key:

brasskey.com

Victoria, TX
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cool hotel in PTown?

We have stayed at the Carpe Diem every year since 2007 and I can truely say that we have stayed no place better in the world and this includes five star hotels in Costa Rica, US, Canada and Europe.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,065 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cool hotel in PTown?

Im surprised no one mentioned Lands End... although Labor Day weekend they may already be booked!

Check out Lands End Inn:

http://www.landsendinn.com

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cool hotel in PTown?

As someone else mentioned, motels/hotels are pretty scarce in PTown and the ones that do exists are not recommended. There are tons of bed and breakfasts to stay at and that is really what accommodations in PTown are all about. This site has pretty good reviews to give you a feel. Some of the B&B's mentioned already are great places but are in my opinion some of the highest priced places in PTown. You can find much more reasonable places (around $169 - $300 a night) where I am sure you'll be just as happy. I like to stay right on Commercial Street at a place with a nice porch to people watch in the center of it all so I recommend White Wind Inn or Anchor Inn. The Anchor Inn has more of a hotel type of feeling. The White Wind is more reasonably priced. If you want to stay on the east end of town which I think is a quieter, more mixed crowd I recommend the Waterford Inn. Where Land's End is, is the West end and I find it even quieter there. Accommodations on Bradford Street are usually more affordable and you're also a little removed from being in the center of all the action.

Here's a link to the most of the B&B's in Ptown but I do question the rankings assigned though such as how they are #1 or #2 in all the B&B's in town. Just read the individual reviews.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g41778-c2-Provincetow…

Connecticut
Level Contributor
223 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cool hotel in PTown?

Elementzz - the ranking system uses two criteria for rank placement: actual grades from reviewers, plus the timeframe of the reviews. If Hotel A got nothing but positive reviews and Hotel B got nothing but positive reviews, the number of reviews and just how recent those reviews are will tip the scale. If nobody new reviews a spot, the hotel loses rank, even if they never changed in quality or value, if other spots in the same town are reviewed favorably. This is why so many hidden gems exist - people often only remember to review the bad experiences. Fortunately, in this forum, we tend to guide people to the wonderful as often as possible, but rankings really are affected by just how good & how recent a review is.

7. Re: Cool hotel in PTown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2011, 07:23