We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent a vehicle to ride on the dunes?

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Easton,Pa
Level Contributor
258 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Rent a vehicle to ride on the dunes?

Can you rent a vehicle to drive on the dunes? We're headed to Provincetown in 2 weeks and would like to do this. Taking the tour isn't a possibility as my dh gets car sick. Thanks in adavnce....

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rent a vehicle to ride on the dunes?

The dunes are completely off-limits to non-government vehicles. While it is possible to purchase a permit to drive an off-road vehicle on the beach, away from the dunes, the National Seashore will not issue off-road permits to people with rental vehicles.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,123 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rent a vehicle to ride on the dunes?

Has your daughter ever tried Marezine? It is over the counter but you usually have to order it. It has worked in the worst cases of motion discomfort and I hope it will work for her. Test it on an Art's Dunes Tour in Provincetown.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,123 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rent a vehicle to ride on the dunes?

Whoops, that's your husband I guess.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,647 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rent a vehicle to ride on the dunes?

Nothing to do with the dunes since keeping them as pristine or at least letting them repair themselves from years of damage means no vehicles- have Hubbie try Meclazine- great stuff, no side effects, works for me! Its a scrip, not over the counter.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rent a vehicle to ride on the dunes?

You can also rent bikes in town, and then ride the nice paths that go through the Provincelands, not too far from the dunes.

6. Re: Rent a vehicle to ride on the dunes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2011, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown