We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ptown on a Honeymoon

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ptown on a Honeymoon

Anything special you would recommend for two honeymooners? Any good spas or anything special?

We have a whole week.

Thanks!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ptown on a Honeymoon

I can speak to food..Jimmy's Hideaway for dinner...Mews as well..Ross' s Grill for lunch, Aquabar for raw bar and drinks on the water, Herring Cove or Race Point Beach, fudge, Portuguese treats at the bakery...Lobster Pot for great chowder and Kale soup....lunch at Karoo Kafe...Bliss Ice Cream..

Edited: 19 July 2011, 03:44
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,848 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ptown on a Honeymoon

Pack up a picnic and head to Herring Cove beach at sunset. (You can get sandwiches at the place next to "The Little Store" ... sorry the name escapes me right now. Although it's the east coast, Herring Cove is in an inlet and the sun sets over the water (there's land far out, so it's not a west coast sunset, but pretty nonetheless). When you go through the gate, turn right and park as far down as you can and then walk 5 minutes or so away from the parking lot so that your romantic picnic isn't with a parking lot at your back --- lol.

Bring a flashlight or lantern in case you stay until it's dark and it's not a bright moon..

Edited: 19 July 2011, 12:22
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ptown on a Honeymoon

Romantic Ideas....

You can spend time at the spa at Crown Point Inn.

Get a permit to build a fire on the beach at night at Race Point. It's free for the permit and you can take a drive out there in the day and ask the ranger at the entrance. Wood is sold at Stop and Shop. This beach is pristine and beautiful at night. All you need to do is build a fire in a small hole close to where the tide can wash it away when your done.

Walk across the breakwater and have a picnic together at Long Point. Its peaceful and quiet and the panoramic views for the town are amazing.

Though pricey, I still think dinner at the Red Inn when the sun is going down is tops for a romantic evening. You can start with cocktails on the deck behind the restaurant overlooking the harbor. The atmosphere slightly exceeds the food but its worth it for a little romance.

One of my favorite things to do with my boyfriend is have a quiet night at MacMillan Peir. We love to stroll down there late at night (1AM) and cuddle by the gazebo where the ferries depart.

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ptown on a Honeymoon

Thanks! These are lovely ideas!!! A good chance to get away from the hubbub of carnival!

5. Re: Ptown on a Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown
Recent Conversations