We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

...when to go, when to go....

Guelph, Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
...when to go, when to go....

This might be way too broad a question but.....I'd like to go to Ptown for a month next year some time between May - September and wondered what people's thoughts were on a number of things such as....

1) Best month to go....weatherwise and not too crazy busywise

2) Recommendations on some monthly rentals in a mid-price range....I'd like a nice place to call home for a month but am not too picky about ammenties and extra's.....mostly I'd like wifi and a kitchnette, waterfront or near the water, does not have to be ON the main drag but easy enough walking distance would be fabulous

Anyway if this is not a too crazily broad topic I'd love to read some responses even if it's just links pointing me in productive directions would be awesome!!

Thank-you in advance.......

Barb

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,224 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ...when to go, when to go....

www.weneedavacation.com If you go to the Cape Cod forum there is a ton of info in the column to the right of the page.

Edited: 29 July 2012, 19:02
Mentioned in this post
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
Guelph, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ...when to go, when to go....

well thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much Senior65 I've spent the past 2 hours since you responded surfing that website.....awesome!!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,244 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ...when to go, when to go....

crazyiness and best weather kinda go hand in hand. So, either pick a summer month or my suggestion would be September over a spring month.

There is everything from condos to houses to tiny cottages right along the water, literally the beach is your back yard along rt 6a.

It extends about a mile as provincetown but continues in Truro, so you may want to include Truro as well. Sorry, can't help with specifics but another website is vrbo.com. Also, you can call local real estate agents.

Mentioned in this post
Truro
Truro
Cape Cod, MA
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,224 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ...when to go, when to go....

Will you have a car? You may be able to manage in Provincetown without a car but you will need one to go anywhere else.

Guelph, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ...when to go, when to go....

.....interesting you would pick that month.....I was thinking of either May/June or September.....thanks for the link to check out!!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
223 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ...when to go, when to go....

Personally, I find that the Summer months might be a bit too full of the themed week nonsense, which will actually affect the rates of your rental, the cluster of people, and the quality of your visit, and the late Spring is too iffy weather-wise to provide any insurance of pleasure (I've seen it rain almost the entire month of June in recent years). I would opt for September. You will have much greater options, as the families all return to school structure by Labor Day, freeing up some perfect lodgings. July and August have a girl's week, Bear Week, Family Week, Carnival Week, etc. Unless any of those appeal to you, September is nearly perfect on the Cape - a lot still open, still good weather, but minus everything frustrating about high peak season.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ...when to go, when to go....

If you want things quieter then September is best I think. You still can get some of the busy times early in the month but then things settle down. By the end of September when I usually go Commercial Street is fairly deserted on weekday evenings, shops close early and some restaurants are open depending on the weather and local traffic on the street. I have to admit that by going in late September I do find that I miss the craziness (street performers, entertainers hawking their show, teeming throngs, etc.).

Mentioned in this post
Commercial Street
Commercial Street
1,910 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,298 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ...when to go, when to go....

Since the ocean is slow to warm up, late spring can still be chilly and foggy even on days that are warm on sunny on the mainland. September would be better.

Torbay
Level Contributor
121 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ...when to go, when to go....

We are visiting the Cape in mid-September, will Commercial Street and Provincetown still be an interesting place to visit?

Mentioned in this post
Commercial Street
Commercial Street
1,910 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,244 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ...when to go, when to go....

interesting for who? can we get a frame of reference?

Get answers to your questions about Provincetown