We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of May weekend getaway...

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
End of May weekend getaway...

Heading away for a girls weekend in mid-late May and wondering a few things...

Is there any nightlife or are there any good cabaret/drag shows during that time?

Can you recommend a reasonably priced spa for massages, manicures and pedicures?

Who has the best brunch?

Thanks in advance!

Edited: 01 February 2013, 23:02
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,107 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: End of May weekend getaway...

Entertainment will not be in full swing then but Miss Richfield 1981 will be appearing at the Crown & Anchor on May 25 and 26. The Mews and Fanizzi's have a good brunch. No personal experience with spas but I know that Crowne Point has one.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,517 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: End of May weekend getaway...

Here's a website that you can bookmark and check back as the time of your holiday grows near: http://www.celebrateprovincetown.com/

East Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: End of May weekend getaway...

thanks so much for your help! Unfortunately we'll be there the weekend before Memorial Day, so I'm afraid there won't be much going on... We were just hoping for something fun to do one night-- a fun bar, karaoke, a show... I'll keep checking that website CCC, thanks!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
223 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: End of May weekend getaway...

Cafe Edwige and/or Cafe Heaven would be my two choices for brunch.

For massage, I like the Jonathan Williams salon. It's across the street from the Crown & Anchor, very friendly reception, skilled masseuses, and very fairly priced.

As for mani/pedi, I have no idea as I bite my fingernails and don't really care about them, but I do know the West End Salon does a lot of those aesthetics things. I do not like them for massage though (done in a dank, creepy basement).

As for karaoke, the Governor Bradford does nightly drag karaoke. It's no cover, just tip the MC. You won't be in a ghost town pre-Memorial Day, but bring some layers just in case. It could be summery or wintry, all in a New England day...

Provincetown...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: End of May weekend getaway...

Here at the West End Salon & Spa we have a newly renovated spa in our lower level - once two condos converted into a glamorous spa on the waterfront. Velocityboy, so sorry that you didn't enjoy your massage experience - please give us a call anytime if we can make it up to you. Thank you!

6. Re: End of May weekend getaway...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 05:15