We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Provincetown, Cape Cod in August w/ kids

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Provincetown, Cape Cod in August w/ kids

Hi, we're thinking about driving up there for a week in August 2013. Any recommendations on where to stay? must see sites? best or least desireable dates in August? probably do a couple days in Boston as well. Our three kids are ages 8, 8 and 6. Thanks!

Edited: 11 February 2013, 19:46
Maryland
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Provincetown, Cape Cod in August w/ kids

Hey all, thanks for the great recommendations. We are going during the 2nd week of August so that sounds like a good week. We may not stay in P-town. I'll have to see what's around but someone above suggested Truro or Wellfleet as alternatives. I just need a low key, non-rowdy place since i have young kids. We could kill a day on the dunes...anything else that is a MUST SEE in that area or the Cape in general?

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Provincetown, Cape Cod in August w/ kids

"MUST SEE?" I think we about covered the biggies. On the outer Cape I would say the Pilgrim Monument/Provincetown Museum, Dune Tour, Marconi Station Area, National Seashore Visitor Center, Whale Watch.

I wouldn't wait much longer to reserve a place. The good stuff gets taken early.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,937 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Provincetown, Cape Cod in August w/ kids

Yes, there are plenty of must do's all over the Cape and you will be able to reach them all more easily if you are not located on the farthest tip of the Cape. For starters look on the Cape Cod (not Provincetown only) forum and read through the Top Questions. Then check through some posts and you can also get the best Cape guide book, An Explorer's Guide by Kim Grant but beware, if you read through that book it will be hard to wait until Aug. to head to the Cape.

Provincetown, MA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Provincetown, Cape Cod in August w/ kids

Just got back from P'town last week and alas, Tips for Tops'n is indeed closed for good.

Word has it is that the chef/owner who runs the (very excellent) Devon's in the East End will be taking it over.

Otherwise, all the suggestions above are good ones. I'd also add a picnic breakfast from Connie's Bakery in the Aquarium Mall great breakfast sandwiches, yummy baked goods, and you can take them to go and eat them on the picnic tables overlooking the bay behind the Mall. (The mall is also a great place for casual and cheap family meals in general ... Big Daddy's Burritos and Native Cape Cod Seafood are two favorites.)

Edited: 11 April 2013, 19:07
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Provincetown, Cape Cod in August w/ kids

Sad news indeed about Tip for Tops'n! I have been eating there for years. Loved their Portuguese specialties.

16. Re: Provincetown, Cape Cod in August w/ kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown
Recent Conversations