We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drags shows in Provincetown?

Portsmouth, New...
6 posts
Save Topic
Drags shows in Provincetown?

Hi - I'm looking for drag show suggestions. I've never been to Provincetown, and I scouring online for a good, high energy drag show. I had been thinking of ICONS, but when I called, they said that show actually won't be running during summer of 2013. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! thanks!

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drags shows in Provincetown?

Check out the Crown & Anchor:

http://www.onlyatthecrown.com/

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drags shows in Provincetown?

Victor's is having a drag brunch this summer.

http://victorsptown.com/

Portsmouth, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Drags shows in Provincetown?

Yeah, I had been considering the Crown & Anchor. Have you been to their Illusions show? If so, what did you think? Was it a good time?

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drags shows in Provincetown?

Yes, once. It was quite good and very popular I think this is the third year for it at the Crown.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,738 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drags shows in Provincetown?

I don't think I've ever been to a drag show, but I like going to the Crown & Anchor. Their pool is open to the public for a small fee. It has a really great deck and a beautiful view. The staff is very friendly.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drags shows in Provincetown?

I don't like drag shows usually - the novelty of a dude wearing a dress acting raunchy and outlandish usual wears off in about 5-10 minutes for me, seen one you've seen them all. I did see lipschtick with my other half a few years ago and it was pretty funny. He has also seen Mrs. Ritchfield at the Crown and enjoyed it.

Portsmouth, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Drags shows in Provincetown?

Hi, thanks for replying. Is lipschtick a show name? Where did you see it? Thanks!

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drags shows in Provincetown?

Miss Richfield 1981 is worth seeing.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
180 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drags shows in Provincetown?

Yes, Lipschtick was the show name and it was at the Provincetown Meeting House right across the way from the Whaler's Warf

Connecticut
Level Contributor
223 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drags shows in Provincetown?

If you want drag queens that look and act like celebrities (the pretty, lip-synching queens), Illusions is the show for you.

If you want extremely bizarre but surprisingly clean intelligent humor, check out Dina Martina.

If you want a show that caters to tourists, Miss Ridgefielc 1981 is incredibly popular.

Of everything I just listed, Dina Martina is my favorite. I would burst into actual tears if she ever stopped doing a summer tour in P-town.

Get answers to your questions about Provincetown