We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking to Race Point

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Walking to Race Point

Hello,

I will be visiting P'town just for the day and travelling by CCRTA bus from Orleans. I am a non-driver, so wondered if Race Point beach was walkable from the centre of town. I've heard it's beautiful and would love to see it. I don't mind walking a little way. Otherwise, does anyone know of a bus or shuttle or something that I could catch?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking to Race Point

Yes, there is a shuttle, also operated by CCRTA

http://www.capecodtransit.org/ptown-route.htm

conn
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking to Race Point

Not to be funny , but what's your definition of a little way. It is a bit of a distance from Ptown center. A 15-20 minute walk from town for a moderate walker. Maybe you can rent a bike and pedal there. Several rental shops in town.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking to Race Point

I would consider the bicycle option. It is a very nice bike ride and it would save you much time and you do not have much time, only one day.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking to Race Point

It is approximately 3 miles from the center of Provincetown to Race Point Beach. Average walking speed is 18 to 20 minutes a mile so you would have to allow 2 hours round trip. Unless you are coming to Provincetown to walk i would bike or take the shuttle.

conn
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking to Race Point

Howland" it didn't seem that far", famous last words, LOL. Good info, it's further than I thought. The bike option would be best.

6. Re: Walking to Race Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown
Recent Conversations