We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July Novice!!!

KS
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
July Novice!!!

We will be in Boston for minor surgury and hope to find a way to Cape Cod or good beach near by for the weekend of July 28 - 30. Please give me advice on economy way to get there and where to stay! Thanks!!!! KS

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July Novice!!!

Not sure if you're set on staying in Provincetown (only because this was in the Ptown forum) or you're open to other suggestions....

I was going to suggest Beach 'N' Towne in South Yarmouth.

http://www.beachntowne.com/rates.html

S. Yarmouth is a great mid-cape location, very centrally located. Near restaurants, beaches, etc.

Beach 'N' Towne has excellent reviews, tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g41841-d281647-…

$92 a night, can't beat that!

We're actually spending a night or two there in August, before/after we rent a house for a week. Looking forward to it.

My husband and I spent Memorial Day weekend in S. Yarmouth (not at B & Towne) and we actually stopped into B & Towne to reserve two rooms for August. They're very nice there. :-)

Good luck, with both the surgery and your CC stay :-)

Naomi

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July Novice!!!

Like the first reply, I'm not sure if you want just Ptown or anywhere on the Cape. You say you want an "economy way to get there" so I assume you don't have a car. If you don't rent one, the best way to get to Ptown is by ferry (www.bostonharborcruises.com or boston-ptown.com -- Boston Harbor Cruises has a better boat), but you'll need to make reservations for a place to stay right away if you haven't yet. You can also get to the Cape by bus (from South Station) which would give you a wider choice of places to stop. By air is definitely not economy.

You can do a day trip to Ptown and have enough time to go to either Herring Cove beach or the town beaches as well as sight-see. If you want Boston beaches, Revere Beach and the South Boston beaches are accessible by public transportation. Slightly farther away are north shore beaches, accessible by commuter rail (Ipswich Line, North Station). I hope this info is at least a start for you.

3. Re: July Novice!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 14:16