We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disappointing News for Karooligans!

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,317 posts
233 reviews
Save Topic
Disappointing News for Karooligans!

South African chef Sanette Groenewald has decided not to open her popular Karoo Kafe on Commercial Street in Provincetown this season. Fans who want her South African fare will have to travel to Eastham to her Karoo Restaurant that opened last year where she will devote her full attention. Last September she told me that she was not certain if she would keep both the Kafe and the Restaurant going. The menu at the larger Karoo Restaurant is more extensive and she says that she will incorporate the Kafe items on her lunch menu at the Eastham location.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disappointing News for Karooligans!

It's not disappointing if you live or are staying in Eastham!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disappointing News for Karooligans!

That was such a nice option, especially for take out. I will miss the Provincetown location.

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Disappointing News for Karooligans!

I don't think that the Eastham location was open at lunchtimes when we were there last September. We tried to go there once I know and it was closed. Do you know how it is doing, yellowbird?

Westfield, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disappointing News for Karooligans!

Very sad! My husband and I are planning a trip to P'town the first week of September. I'm a vegan and he's a vegetarian. Not a lot of options for us outside of Karoo Kafe. Drat!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disappointing News for Karooligans!

Have you tried Napi's in the center of town. They have a vegetarian section on the menu.

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disappointing News for Karooligans!

Senior, it is difficult to gage how they are doing...everyone is slow at this time of year. I do think that the P-town restaurant was always raved about while I rarely heard much about the Eastham location. We ate there once with two other couples, one strict vegan. They were not impressed, mostly because many of the items they wanted were offered at the P-town location but not at the Eastham location.

So that is why I said that folks in Eastham might be happy to see the entire operation moving to town...it would e great to have high quality food and diverse menu with established name so close. If I hear anything else I'll let you know.

7. Re: Disappointing News for Karooligans!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 05:15