We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaglass Inn and spa or Cape Colony Inn?

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
3 posts
Save Topic
Seaglass Inn and spa or Cape Colony Inn?

I can't imagine there is a huge difference between the two but wondering if anyone has opinions on either or both of these places. I initially booked two nights in early Sept for a romantic getaway at the Seaglass Inn but came across the Cape Colony Inn recently and booked the same two nights, knowing I could cancel one before the end of the month. Both have basically the same rating and mostly good reviews but are located on opposite ends of Commercial Street. Anyone have any good/bad experience at either? Thanks.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,068 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaglass Inn and spa or Cape Colony Inn?

We have stayed at the Seaglass Inn, previously the Chateau and Best Western for the past 10+ years.. the new renovations are impressive (with a few misses) and IMO a much nicer property than Cape Colony. The Seaglass Inn rooms are more spacious but lacked drawer/storage space for clothes and no safe in our room, renovations are not completed. The hotel also offers a great complimentary continental breakfast... muffins, pastry, English muffins, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, granola bars, yogurt, fruit, coffee, juice and more! Depending on the location of your room, some offer fantastic views and all rooms have outdoor seating and a great heated inground pool, towels provided.

Level Contributor
440 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaglass Inn and spa or Cape Colony Inn?

The Seaglass Inn is a much closer walk to town and I also understand that they have a golf cart-type shuttle. Having said that, the Cape Colony was $70 cheaper per night for our dates. But we ended up booking the Seaglass because we like the location better.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,783 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaglass Inn and spa or Cape Colony Inn?

I saw the golf cart shuttle .... It holds 8 people, including the driver. It was heading down the pier as the Boston ferry was arriving

4. Re: Seaglass Inn and spa or Cape Colony Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 07:16