We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandy beach in Rockport

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandy beach in Rockport

Is there a sandy beach in Rockport where a guy could go with a towel, lie out in the sun with a book and get sand wedged in unmentionable places?

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandy beach in Rockport

Right in the heart of Rockport. Can't miss it. Bring quarters for metered street parking. If it doesn't suit you, go west a quarter of a mile, there's another one. No? Drive east and south about three miles to Gloucester's Good Harbor Beach. A long, wide beach with several settings, from waterside to dunes. It has a pay parking lot.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,182 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandy beach in Rockport

Here are the beaches in Rockport and Gloucester

www.gloucester-ma.gov/index.php…

http://www.rockportusa.com/beaches.cfm

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,928 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandy beach in Rockport

I think you missed the part about the "unmentionable places". The beaches in Rockport are quite small and I don't think you will go at all unnoticed (or reported). I think that's probably not a good idea in Rockport.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandy beach in Rockport

Doh

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,182 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandy beach in Rockport

Sorry, was thinking the sand was getting there unintentionally. Truman, many years ago there was a place I went which was a good walk into the woods at Stowe to a waterfall where sand was not an issue, just rocks. Does this sound familiar?

6. Re: Sandy beach in Rockport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2010, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Rockport