We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuck inn or emerson by the sea

Which Rockport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tuck inn or emerson by the sea

Planning a 2 night stay in Rockport for a wedding. Reception to be held in the Shalin Lui. Do you recommnd the Emerson Inn or Tuck Inn?I saw great reviews on the Tuck inn. Thanks for any suggestions. We will have a car. We plan to attend Mass Sunday at St. Ann's I believe in Gloucester. Any restaurant suggestions for both Rockport and Gloucester would be appreciated. Thanks!

Fairfield County...
Level Contributor
28 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuck inn or emerson by the sea

We just returned from a week on Cape Ann. We stayed at the Tuck Inn (just posted a review). Parking in Rockport is a NIGHTMARE -- especially if you will be there on a weekend -- so it's better to stay somewhere walkable. Tuck is literally 2 blocks from Shalin Liu and 3 blocks from all of the restaurants and shops... and it has off street parking! Emerson is a bit of a drive up the coast; it looked lovely, but you'll have to deal with the parking problem whenever you drive into town.

We were not impressed with the restaurants in Rockport itself, but had a couple of great meals in Gloucester at the Franklin Cafe and at Alchemy. Hope that helps!

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuck inn or emerson by the sea

Yes it does! Thanks.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuck inn or emerson by the sea

Here's a second vote for Alchemy. Another restaurant I like in Gloucester is Latitude 43. You may also want to dine in nearby Essex.

You may be able to attend mass at St. Joachim's right in Rockport, which like St. Ann's, is part of Holy Family Parish. Don't know when you're coming, nor do I know if masses are held there year-round, but thought I'd mention it.

Edited: 06 September 2012, 02:24
Marblehead...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuck inn or emerson by the sea

The Emerson Inn is amazing and would be a great choice.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
155 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuck inn or emerson by the sea

Help! We would like to stay in Gloucester of Cape Ann...we are renting a car. (Three days)

Has anybody heard of the Blue Shutter Inn? Or do you recommend any other place that is not too

expensive. Up to $150.00 or so.

Also for parking we need advice for what town. We love ocean, scenery and food!

Thanks.

6. Re: Tuck inn or emerson by the sea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Rockport