We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chilrden's activities near Stockbridge

Which Stockbridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
27 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Chilrden's activities near Stockbridge

We've visited the Oak'n'Spruce many times (technically in South Lee, I guess) and have always found enough museums and outdoor activities, hiking, etc. to keep us busy. But this time we're visiting with our 2 year old grandson. Can anyone suggest children's activities in the areas, especially if the weather is bad? We've going right after Christmas. Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Lenox, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
316 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chilrden's activities near Stockbridge

The Berkshire museum has a festival of trees that is great for kids. In addition to the artwork collections it also has a very small dinosaur exhibit and normally some type of animal exhibit downstairs.

Link: berkshiremuseum.org/exhibition/fot_2012.html

You can find a good calendar listing of kids activities in the Berkshires at Berkshires.org at this link:

berkshires.org/Home/tabid/142/Default.aspx

We love day hikes and have gone with our kids since they were infants. If you're willing to meander and go at a 2 year old's relaxed pace there are tons of places that would be fun. Most likely you'll have snow on the ground so anyplace would work for a 2 year old.

NJ
Level Contributor
27 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chilrden's activities near Stockbridge

Thank you! I believe my husband and I visited that museum on one of our previous trips. We were just trying to remember which one it was. I remember the Christmas trees and some sort of sandbox in a room where kids could dig around. So we'll definitely try that. It's going to be a pretty short trip but I did want to have a few possibilities lined up in addition to the indoor pool where we're staying and maybe a playground and some hiking. I saw a train museum which he would have loved but it seems to be closed for the season by the end of December. Thanks again for the suggestions!

Hannah

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chilrden's activities near Stockbridge

This is about an 50 minutes down the Mass Pike. It is quite nice and kids as well as adults really enjoy it!

www.brightnights.org

Westernmass

Edited: 03 December 2011, 15:23
Reply to: Chilrden's activities near Stockbridge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stockbridge