We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new to stockbridge

n.j.
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
new to stockbridge

I am traveling to Stockbridge in July, is this area bike freindly? I am lokking for a few vegetarian restaurants-any suggestions?

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: new to stockbridge

The Berkshires are beautiful that time of year. Downtown Stockbridge gets quite busy, so biking there would be difficult. Getting off the main streets would make for a nice ride though. Remember, that Stockbridge is in the Berkshire hills, so most of the area is hilly!

One of my favorite locations to bike is about 20 minutes north of Stockbridge. The Ashuwillticook Rail Trail is located there. It is a flat, paved, walking/bike trail that is about 10 feet wide. I passes through some very pretty areas. It is about 11 miles long. It starts at the south entrance to the Berkshire Mall, just off route 8 in Lanesbourough (there is parking there) and runs north into Adams.

You may want to check with the Arcadian Shop, which is located on route 7 in Lenox. They have a large selection of biking equipment and clothes as well as other outdoor activities. They sponsor events in those catagories, so I'm sure they could offer many suggestions for biking.

Sorry, but I do not know of any vegetarian restauants (I'm a meat eater!). Guido's market in Great Barrington or Guido's on route 7 on the Pittsfield/Lenox line would have a good selection of things to pick up when you are on the go. I'm sure the vendors there could offer some suggestions!

Have a great trip!

Westernmass

Prospect, Kentucky
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new to stockbridge

We went to the Co-op in Great Barrington for great organic vegetables, etc. They also had a place to eat their wonderful "healthy" sandwiches and homemade soups. It was GREAT! There were tables and you could eat there, do take out and then grocery shop also. My daughter shared this place with us and we all felt that we were eating healthy! Good place. It is right off Main Street.

3. Re: new to stockbridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 09:35
Get answers to your questions about Stockbridge