We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sturbridge Village or Mystic Seaport? Which one to choose?

Which Sturbridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canton, Georgia
Level Contributor
530 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Sturbridge Village or Mystic Seaport? Which one to choose?

We are traveling up to the NY area next Sunday going to Cooperstown, Ellis Island and then visiting family and friends on Long Island. We had planned on spending 1 night in Mystic and visiting the seaport and have our hotel reservation already... But then I started thinking maybe it would be more fun to go to Sturbridge... We have never been to either place... Any opinions on which you would pick and why? Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sturbridge Village or Mystic Seaport? Which one to choose?

there are certainly lots written about both and little to as except both are fun and one is on water

Boston...
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sturbridge Village or Mystic Seaport? Which one to choose?

Mystic along with stonnington would be my choice

Edited: 16 September 2012, 19:35
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,240 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sturbridge Village or Mystic Seaport? Which one to choose?

Mystic would be better for an overnight as there is more to do in the area. Sturbridge is more of a day trip. The village can be easily seen in a day and there is not too much else to do in the area.

Enfield, Connecticut
Level Contributor
175 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sturbridge Village or Mystic Seaport? Which one to choose?

Tough choice, both different experience. Mystic is water, old seaport, Sturbridge Village is more New England feel, really takes you back in time. It's pretty big and takes a while to go through it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
191 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sturbridge Village or Mystic Seaport? Which one to choose?

We spent a full day in Sturbridge and returned for a second day (admission is good for TWO days!). I visited the Seaport in 2-3 hours tops - Boring for us...VERY boring. No staff and I felt it was money wasted. Decent gift shop though and there's a lot of shopping in the area if that's your kind of thing. Have fun!

Reply to: Sturbridge Village or Mystic Seaport? Which one to choose?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sturbridge