We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in the Cape. Question?

WPB Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
First time in the Cape. Question?

HI ALL,

I will be staying in Truro Aug. 30- Sept. 6th.

My question is how far is it by car from Truro to Hyannis to get the high speed ferry to Martha's Vineyard to Nantucket and back to Hyannis?

I see there is a pass to go from one island to the other in the same day. Do you think this is too ambitious? If not, what are the "must sees" on each island and what is the best way to get around once there?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in the Cape. Question?

It is 26 miles from Truro to Hyannis. If you have the energy and the desire to see both - why not? Hy-line cruises has it all scheduled out for you:

www.hy-linecruises.com/nan/islands.html

It will be a very long day however, you have to be at the boat in Hyannis at 9:20 am, you arrive back at Hyannis at 9:45 pm, add your travel time from Truro.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in the Cape. Question?

If you do the island hop on the ferry, would you come back and post a review? I too have suggested the two island ferry visit but the limited feedback we've had on the forum has been rather negative (not enough time at either place):

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g185492-i369-k2924…

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in the Cape. Question?

If you change islands, you can take a high speed ferry out of Harwich Port to Nantucket (closer than Hyannis):

Freedom Cruise Line

At Saquatucket Harbor, free day parking.

4. Re: First time in the Cape. Question?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2010, 06:33