We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Homeport Restaurant ?

Which Vineyard Haven hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Homeport Restaurant ?

Planning a short stay and would like to experience a seafood dinner to write home about , any suggestions

nj
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Homeport Restaurant ?

NYCharlie, when are you going? Not all restaurants are open year-round.

magic

Livermore, CA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Homeport Restaurant ?

Homeport Restaurant is usually open from May to September if i recall correctly. This is an excellent family restaurant, but you need to make reservations well in advance since it gets packed!

They also have an excellent take-out/order bar which you can use if you're not into sitting down. Bring your own beer and/or wine since it's a dry town, but they'll happily provide you with glassware, etc.

Great seafood and wonderful atmosphere and the help is some of the best on the island! ENJOY!!

rhode island
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Homeport Restaurant ?

actually a really good deal because they serve four courses. if you dont like lobster i wouldnt suggest going, but they have really pretty views and going at sunset is spectacular

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Homeport Restaurant ?

This is a late reply, but I write in case anyone's interested in this restaurant - Homeport. We were in menemsha last week and the restaurant had not opened yet. A guy at the general store across the street told us he thought it wouldn't open until mid-June. He also said he thought the owners were interested in selling the restaurant. Of course I can't vouch for these statements. I sure hope it continues as a restaurant, because it is a great spot, and an island institution.

rhode island
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Homeport Restaurant ?

i have heard that they've been looking to sell for a couple of years but still run their business until they can find someone to take it off of their hands

6. Re: Homeport Restaurant ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Vineyard Haven
More Vineyard Haven Topics