We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Boston from Waltham?

Mukwonago, WI
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Boston from Waltham?

Can you tell me the best way to get into Boston from Waltham. We are staying in Waltham for a few nights and we would like to go into Boston. We have tickets to a Red Sox game Saturday evening and then need to go back to our hotel in Waltham. Please advise.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Boston from Waltham?

Your hotel should be able to tell you, probably even on their website. There is train service from Waltham (see www.mbta.com) but chances are you are staying on one of those places on 128, so I don't know how exactly you would get to the train station. It would help if you told us where you are staying, and whether you had a car. Service is on the Fitchburg line on the commuter rail. Depending on your location, up to four different stops might be best.

Mentioned in this post
Fitchburg
Fitchburg
Massachusetts
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,319 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Boston from Waltham?

Hi, I responded to your other post about parking at BC & Harvard. Your best bet for getting into Fenway is to drive to the Riverside Station, park, and get on the Green Line train right to the Fenway. Just be aware that the trains will be extremely crowded, esp. after the game. Go in early and soak up all the atmosphere in Kenmore Square & Yawkey Way. www.mbta.com

3. Re: Train to Boston from Waltham?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 12:21