We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

T stations close to Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Waltham

Which Waltham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
9 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
T stations close to Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Waltham

We will be staying at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites. Would like to know the closest T stations to get to downtown Boston and what time do we need to get there? I see some of the forums say the station parking is full by 830am. Also how late does the T run to return from Boston. We will be driving, so we could drive to a T station if that is feasible.

Thanks, Plane Jane

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,317 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: T stations close to Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Waltham

The subway does not go out to Waltham, so you would have to use the commuter rail. This means less service (and more expensive as well). There are two stops in Waltham: Waltham and Brandeis/Roberts. You can check with the hotel, but I suspect it will be easier for you to find the Waltham Station. You can get schedule and cost information on mbta.com, the Fitchburg/South Acton Commuter Rail Line. The 8:30 time you mentioned doesn't apply to most commuter rail stations (or subways for that matter) - the lots usually fill up much earlier. Perhaps your hotel has a shuttle to one of the stations.

Michigan
Level Contributor
9 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: T stations close to Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Waltham

How far would we have to drive to get to a T station?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,317 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: T stations close to Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Waltham

I would guess 10 minutes, maybe 15 with traffic. But I would start asking your hotel these specific questions, especially concerning any shuttle service available.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,300 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: T stations close to Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Waltham

I'm thinking you could park at Alewife and use the T from there. This is the red line of the MBTA and gives you more flexibility from a schedule standpoint in comparison to the commuter rail (Waverly Oaks). You would drive north on 128/95 to exit 29A following 2E to Alewife. Should be about a 15 minute ride. Garage costs $7, T - 1.70 with Charlie Card. Definitely ask the hotel if they have alternate suggestions since there is a chance the garage there may fill up.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,317 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: T stations close to Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Waltham

Not only does the garage fill up, but Route 2 backs up in the morning rush hour and takes forever for Alewife.

6. Re: T stations close to Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Waltham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 03:20