We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cranberry Bogs 2014

Milford, Connecticut
2 posts
Save Topic
Cranberry Bogs 2014

Planning a first time trip to experience the cranberry bogs. I saw the 2013 Harvest Festival was 2nd week in October but cant find out if it is the same time next year. Would this be enjoyable for a middle aged couple? We would arrive early Saturday morning and driving back Sunday evening. Is there a good tour? What should we not miss? We also want to try cranberry wine. We have visited Boston and Plymouth already.Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Plymouth
Plymouth
Massachusetts
2 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
6,137 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cranberry Bogs 2014

I'm not sure when it'll be in 2014, but you could contact them. Here's a little description of what they had going on this year: www.cranberries.org/festival/festival.html. Only you could tell us if this sounds interesting to you. It wouldn't be interesting to me. I've had cranberry wine at the vineyard in Truro on the cape. It was tasty. Wareham is really not an exciting town to stay in. If you're just interested in visiting cranberry bogs and getting a tour, you could stay on the cape instead where there's more stuff going on.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
4,864 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cranberry Bogs 2014

The web site #1 gave gives the name of many of the cranberry farms. I'm not sure why you've picked Wareham, it's a pretty depressing place. There are some farms there but there are farms in other more attractive places. I do think this would be an interesting outing.

Reply to: Cranberry Bogs 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wareham
Recent Conversations