We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near Watertown, MA that's close to bus?????

Riverside...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay near Watertown, MA that's close to bus?????

Hi I am planning a trip to visit my daughter in Watertown in December and need a nice place to stay. Does anyone know of any nice hotels close to a bus stop since my daughter will be staying with me at hotel and needs to get to/from work in Watertown. Any ideas are appreciated.

5 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
7,777 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay near Watertown, MA that's close to bus?????

There are buses to Watertown Center from both Kenmore Square in Boston and Harvard Square in Cambridge. The former is on the Green Line subway and the latter on the Red Line. Many hotels are convenient. What is your budget?

But it matters where your daughter is working in Watertown. Does she know what buses are nearby? You can check the route planner on www.mbta.com

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Cambridge
Cambridge
Massachusetts
Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay near Watertown, MA that's close to bus?????

the closest nice hotel is the Crowne Plaza in Newton,(Newton Corner) It's about a 15 minute walk to Watertown Square. There is also a Super 8 in Watertown.

Otherwise as ting mentioned there are buses to Kenmore Square or Harvard. I would choose Harvard Sq area over Kenmore just because the bus ride is shorter.

There is an express bus that goes into Boston from Watertown Sq/Newton Corner but it is pricey.

Mentioned in this post
Newton
Newton
Massachusetts
Harvard
Harvard
Massachusetts
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
438 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay near Watertown, MA that's close to bus?????

You coUld stay at the Copley Fairmont (or any of the other hotels in Copley area) and she could catch the Express bus to/from Watertown across the street (as long as the route is convenient to where she works in Watertown?. It stops in Newton Corner and Watertown Square. Check out mbta.com for the 502 bus schedule, route and rates. She'd be reverse commuting too which should be quite fast.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,807 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay near Watertown, MA that's close to bus?????

There is only one hotel in Watertown of which I know, the Super 8, which is not very nice. The Crowe Plaza in Newton is a short bit away, but check the reviews here first.

Mentioned in this post
Newton
Newton
Massachusetts
Cambridge...
Level Contributor
618 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay near Watertown, MA that's close to bus?????

Watertown isn't that well served by public transit. There's the #71 bus that runs along Mount Auburn Street from Harvard Square, where there are several hotels (the Harvard Square Hotel and the Charles Hotel are near the the bus tunnel where the 71 route starts). At peak times it can take about 25 minutes for the bus to reach Watertown Square from Harvard Square. mbta.com/uploadedFiles/…071map.pdf

The other transit option in Watertown proper is the 70/70A bus which runs along Arsenal Street from Central Square in Cambridge to Watertown Square, then west to Waltham on Main Street in Watertown. I can't think of any hotels along this route other than the aforementioned Super 8, which I wouldn't recommend.

mbta.com/uploadedFiles/…07070a170map.pdf

Other that those options, the Newton Corner buses are relatively close to Watertown as others have noted, but it really depends on where exactly your daughter works whether they are really convenient.

Mentioned in this post
Cambridge
Cambridge
Massachusetts
Waltham
Waltham
Massachusetts
Reply to: Where to stay near Watertown, MA that's close to bus?????
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Watertown
Recent Conversations