We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Hampton Inn in West Yarmouth, MA

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
New Hampton Inn in West Yarmouth, MA

I just booked a 2 night stay in the new Hampton Inn at West Yarmouth, MA. Can you please tell me something about this hotel-- its location and best spots and restaurants around the area for a family of 4? I driving from NYC, then Newport, RI before heading to Cape Cod. I am not sure whether to stay the night in Newport or just book one more night in Cape Cod. If I book an extra night; should I try Falmouth for 1 night (Green Harbor Waterfront Lodging seems to have received good reviews) then stay 2 nights at the Hampton Inn? I booked online so the Hampton Inn is non-refundable. Please advise. Thank you!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,793 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Hampton Inn in West Yarmouth, MA

Your stay is so short. Do you really want to spend time checking out, traveling, planning something to do before your next check in time?

Everyone is different but I know that I would do all three nights in Falmouth OR W. Yarmouth.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Hampton Inn in West Yarmouth, MA

If you dont mind moving I would suggest booking a night in Falmouth. Staying in both towns will offer you a quite a different feel while on the Cape.

Falmouth having a nice town center filled with a nice selection of shops and restaurants and some nice green spaces. I think that the downtown is somewhat picturesque of what people visualize when they think of Cape Cod.

Yarmouth does not have a center to speak of but rather its hotels/motels and shops are all along Rt 28 (Main St.). Yarmouth abuts Hyannis and your hotel is right near the town line. So you are close to loads of restaurants and your are also located mid-cape so driving in both directions for touring is easier. Both Hyannis and Falmouth offer ferries to the islands if that interests your group.

The Hampton Hotel was built brand new from the ground up and is located on the "Main Street" that routes itself throughout the Cape from Bourne to Orleans - that section is very busy as a tourist destination.

Hope this helps

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,793 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Hampton Inn in West Yarmouth, MA

Since you are staying W. Yarmouth at least a part of the time and you have kids, it sounds like, I'd like to suggest Baxter's Boat House for lunch or dinner which is right on the harbor - actually built out over the harbor. Arrive by car or by boat.

If you stay in Falmouth and then travel to Yarmouth perhaps you can enjoy lunch here before you check in at the Yarmouth location. One side is sort of 'formal' (shirts with collars and boat shoes) and the other side is self serve and casual (tee shirts and flip flops are okay. You can be outside or inside on the deck and watch the busy and picturesque harbor. Have fun.

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Hampton Inn in West Yarmouth, MA

If I read your itinerary correctly, you're driving from NYC to Newport....touring Newport, then thinking of driving to the Cape for the night, before your 2 night stay in Yarmouth?

If that is the case, then yes I would reccomend staying the night in Newport. That way you can enjoy your time in Newport, relax for the evening, and head out to Yarmouth in the morning, relaxed and ready to explore the Cape.

If it were me, I'd be just too tired to do more exploring on the Cape after a long day of touring Newport and driving to the Cape...all after driving from NYC.

5. Re: New Hampton Inn in West Yarmouth, MA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about West Yarmouth