We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mariner, Tide water or Bayside? Help me decide please

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Mariner, Tide water or Bayside? Help me decide please

This summer we're driving to the cape from Montreal with our 12 y.o. daughter, 5/6 days in July. Can you help us decide which of the above 3 to chose. They are +/- the same $. we are looking for clean, comfortable place, indoor/outdoor pool, close to a clean beach, restaurants and ferries. relaxing, people watching and taking in the cape-cod ambiance. I hear seagull beach is clean - but there's a fee? Thanks :-)

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mariner, Tide water or Bayside? Help me decide please

They are all located in the same general area....the Mariner is closest to Seagull Beach (Most beaches on the Cape havve a fee to park)

Can't really comment on the accomodations, they all get favorable reviews with TA reviewers ranking them:

Bayside

Tidewater

Mariner

Check out the specific reviews. One point is that the Tidewater is motel style with entry doors on the outside if that matters to you.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mariner, Tide water or Bayside? Help me decide please

Just based on reading the reviews and looking at all three websites, my vote goes to staying at the Bayside. The rooms look a little more updated, there's a flat screen TV in the room, indoor/outdoor pub, the indoor/outdoor pools look much nicer than the other two places, a little area with sand and chaise lounges overlooking the marsh and a piece of Lewis Bay. Everything looks a little better than the other two in the running. All three are on the same road but a mere few miles apart at the most. Bayside is a little further to Seagull Beach, but a little closer to Hyannis and the ferries.

Plenty of places to eat on Main Street in West Yarmouth.

As said, most beaches do charge a fee if you plan to park your car. $15 for Seagull which is reasonable.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mariner, Tide water or Bayside? Help me decide please

Thank you both - leaning towards Bayside.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mariner, Tide water or Bayside? Help me decide please

I stayed at Bayside a couple of years ago. I lucked out and got one of the rooms facing the rear rather than the parking lot so that was nice. Room and pool were clean, enjoyed the breakfast there too. Walls a little thin so you could hear your neighbor but didn't hang out in the room really.

5. Re: Mariner, Tide water or Bayside? Help me decide please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2010, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about West Yarmouth