We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Vacation Condominiums in June

Which West Yarmouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, SC
5 posts
Save Topic
Holiday Vacation Condominiums in June

We're thinking odf going to the Holiday Vacation Condos in the middle of June. Anybody know anything of them and/or of the town in general at that time of year? Thanks - Lisa B

Kansas CIty...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Vacation Condominiums in June

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Vacation Condos the second week of June 2006. Dont expect any flash here. The condos are a converted motel. Our condo was a one bedroom. It looked like they split two motel rooms and made a condo. Everything was VERY clean and just what we needed. (I am not into the flashy stuff much) It was a little cramped but they made due with the space they had. We had never been to the Cape Cod area being from Kansas City. It rained 6 of the 7 days. Luckly, the day it did not rain, I had a tee time and played a great round of golf just a short distance away. We packed more for late spring/early summer and had one sweatshirt and one light jacket. Thank God we packed those. From what I have heard about Cape Cod, we expected bad traffic and lots of congestion. That was not even the case. Getting around was very easy and all of the small towns of the Cape are easy to reach. I guess the masses come after the 4th of July. Early June was simple to manage. To tell you the truth, I expect a lot more of the Cape. My wife is an art teacher and artist so there was plenty of art to see. I really didnt find much to do and was overall board with my trip. The Cape was beautiful and we went from Boston to the upper tip of the Cape so I believe we covered a lot of ground. Hope this helps.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,191 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Vacation Condominiums in June

Hmmm, West Yarmouth.....are you sure you want to locate there? Visually, you might not really experience Cape Cod if you stay in the commercial, developed, Rt. 28 part of the mid-cape. I mean, Charleston is so lovely, have you thought of perhaps a part of the cape with more history and less development? Look into the part of the cape further down, called the lower or outer cape including Chatham, Orleans, Brewster, Eastham, Wellfleet, Truro and Provincetown where the towns are more quant and the National Seashore has preserved much of the natural landscape. There are lots of things to do in June. If you stay in a bed and breakfast or inn, your innkeeper can direct you to thngs to do that you might not find on your own. If you do come on your own and stay in a condo, motel or cottage, you should consider getting a good guide book. Kim Grant's Explorer's Guide to the Cape and Islands will be comimng out this season with the 7th Editiion. You won't find a more comprehensive guide book and can trust her recommendations for dining and lodging....she lists her favorites first in each section. Sorry but I don't know anything about the Holiday Vacation Condos.

greenwich, ct
Level Contributor
238 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Vacation Condominiums in June

We will be staying at the Holiday vacation Condos as well this month. It would be nice to choose from the list of quaint villages, but when swapping timeshare points you are limited as far as location and availability. That being said, we hope that the location of this hotel/condo is close enough to some of these other sites to be able to access them during our week on the cape.

Are there any other views on Holiday Vacation Condos? What about the beaches where your can use a boogy board? , parking, boat launch ramps? trailer parking?

How far is this place from the arcades etc in Dennis?

Are there any nearby water parks?(3 small kids)

kid friendly places to eat???

Thanx for any info.

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Vacation Condominiums in June

Hi notnow,

Mid-Cape is a great area for those of us with chidlren. You're near everything, restaurants,miniature golf, ice cream, etc.

For sure, try Pirate's Cove (rte on Rte 28 in S Yarmouth)

http://www.piratescove.net/location/9

Lots of fun (especially @ night)

Try taking a Pirate Adventure Cruise outta Hyannis

www.pirateadventurescapecod.com/index.htm

Jump On Us (trampolines) -Rte 28 West Yarmouth

Rte 28 in Harwich (just past Dennis)- More trampolines, great bumper boats, batting cages, go karts, etc

Seal Cruise outta Chatham is a lotta fun

http://www.monomoyislandferry.com/index.html

As far as family-friendly restaurants go, try Kreme N Kone in West Dennis (at the 28/134 intersection). Great fried seafood, onion rings, etc :-)

http://kreamnkone.com/about.htm

We tried this place last year and liked it, Golden Boy Seafood. Right on Rte 28 in W Yarmouth

http://www.goldenboyseafood.com/

You'll have a great time.

Naomi :-)

greenwich, ct
Level Contributor
238 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Vacation Condominiums in June

Thanx Mini. This post should make the kids excited to go.

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Vacation Condominiums in June

Try Mayflower Beach in Dennis (off of 6A, follow the signs). BUSY beach so you need to get there early (10-ish) as the lot fills up rather quickly.

It's a bay beach which is especially nice with young children (not strong swimmers). At low tide you can walk for what seems like forever, tidal pools/flats are great for the kids to use skimboards (which can be purchased almost anywhere along Rte 28) or to collect hermit crabs, which keeps my boys entertained for quite some time ;-)

Boogie boards, rafts, etc are all allowed there too. Plus, there's a snack bar where you can purchase sandwiches, chicken tenders, ice cream, etc . Comes in handy.

Restrooms, etc. Great place to spend a day. They'll love it!

greenwich, ct
Level Contributor
238 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Vacation Condominiums in June

Where do we find these bumper boats? That sounds like great fun.

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Vacation Condominiums in June

http://grandslamentertainment.com/

Jersey Shore
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Vacation Condominiums in June

My wife and I just got back from the Holiday Vacation Condominiums. We went from 29 Sept to 6 Oct. The weather was perfect and the majority of tourists were gone. Crowds were nonexistent. It was very nice time of the year to go and see the “Cape”.

Now for our impression of Holiday Vacation Condominiums:

It is a converted motel. It appears they took a medium sized motel room and split it in two. They made a small bedroom from one half and a combo kitchenette- dinette-living room(ette) from the other.

The positive side was it was very clean and was located on Route 28, which enabled touring of the Cape without a problem.

If you are use to a timeshare where there are many amenities, this isn’t where you want to stay. They mention their indoor “all season” pool, but neglect to say it closes at 7 P.M. This made using the pool after a day of sightseeing and dinner impossible. The office also closed at 7 P.M, so any routine non-emergency matters were not easily resolved.

Our “unit” had one air conditioner for both “rooms”. It unfortunately was located about 18 inches from the bed. Needless to say, if the “unit’s” temperature was comfortable, the bedroom was an icebox.

The living room portion of the combo room had one two cushion couch and two kitchen type chairs and one, not very big, TV. This was the only TV in the timeshare unit. Although our days were taken up with the sites of the Cape, both of us being able to lounge at night while watching the news (or the baseball playoffs) should have been a given, but it wasn’t.

Perhaps I am too critical of the tightness of the unit, but every time the people in the next unit ran the water, had a loud conversation, or slammed their bathroom door, we heard it.

The employee that ran the desk and the cleaning person, who swapped towels and linens, were both very nice and were accommodating.

To end this rather long review, let me say that if you absolutely must stay in West Yarmouth and are not fussy about the accommodations as long as they are clean and area accessible, then the Holiday Vacation Condominiums is an option.

10. Re: Holiday Vacation Condominiums in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about West Yarmouth