We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab Fare to Logan from Winthrop Arms Hotel

Which Winthrop hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nebraska
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Cab Fare to Logan from Winthrop Arms Hotel

Anyone hazard a guess what the typical cab fare might be from the hotel to Logan Airport. I have read about fares from points in Boston to airport of $40 on up, so I am curious. Thanks.

12 replies to this topic
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,509 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cab Fare to Logan from Winthrop Arms Hotel

I wouldn;t be surprised with $40 or even higher. Why don't you ask the place where you're staying what the cab fare is?

Edited: 15 February 2011, 22:02
Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cab Fare to Logan from Winthrop Arms Hotel

A local cab is usually less expensive than a Boston cab. You no doubt will want to talk to the hotel to see who they use.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cab Fare to Logan from Winthrop Arms Hotel

$25-30 is a good ballpark figure. Taxifarefinder had it at just over $25 with 15% tip, and Taxiwiz had it closer to $30.

I'm pretty sure Viking Taxi is the taxi of choice when in Winthrop.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,981 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cab Fare to Logan from Winthrop Arms Hotel

Call Viking Taxi. 617-846-6000. It is the only cab company IN Winthrop.

They'll pick you up at the hotel and bring you to the airport. Also ... if you need a ride to Winthrop from the airport you can call them when you land, They'll pick you up at the airport ... not in the taxi line (they aren't Boston Cabs, they aren't allowed to go there) but in the limo/car service area. (Usually just across the street from the taxi line.) I prefer this because the Boston Taxi drivers get cranky about Winthrop -- it's a short ride with no chance of a return fare.

Viking Taxi from Winthrop to South Station cost me about $36 with tip last spring. The airport is closer and there's no tunnel toll .... I it's been a while since I went there via taxi ... it doesn't require a tunnel toll ... if I remember corrrectly, it will be around $25, including tip.

Call Viking and ask. They'll give you the exact rate (excluding tip). Also, in Winthrop you don't "hail a cab" like in the city. You MUST call ahead. If you are travelling at a busy time or have to catch an early flight, you should call the day before and arrange a pick-up time. Viking is very reliable, but they have a limited number of cars and drivers, so if you call 10 minutes before you want to leave, they could be booked.

Edited: 16 February 2011, 11:58
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cab Fare to Logan from Winthrop Arms Hotel

All you need to do is call 15- 20 minutes in advance and the fee is $16.00 from the Arms to the Airport not including tip but it would not hurt to arrange the ride ahead of time. Viking Taxi is a very reliable company. I would also use them instead of a Boston cab company from the airport to Winthrop, too. Call them when your flight arrives and they will be at the airport in less than 15 minutes. They will tell you where they will pick you up. It less aggravation than waiting in the Boston taxi line and it's cheaper. Boston cabbies hate going to Winthrop.

(I have used Viking taxi many times)

Nebraska
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cab Fare to Logan from Winthrop Arms Hotel

Wow... I am truly overwhelmed at the number of replies and the quality of information in the replies. Thanks to all for the advice and suggestions.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cab Fare to Logan from Winthrop Arms Hotel

Unlike Boston cabs, Viking Taxi rates are a flat fee to and from Logan Airport (excluding tip)

- Winthrop town center is $15

- Winthrop Highlands - where The Winthrop Arms is located is $16

- Point Shirley Section - including The Inn at Crystal Cove the fee is $17

Enjoy your trip!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,509 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cab Fare to Logan from Winthrop Arms Hotel

Those taxi fares, by the way, are a real bargain. Boston cabs would be MUCH higher.

Edited: 16 February 2011, 19:30
Vermont, USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cab Fare to Logan from Winthrop Arms Hotel

Does anyone know about Ride Right cab company from Revere which also goes to Winthrop for about Viking's price? Any reviews? Thanks. J. Blake

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,981 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cab Fare to Logan from Winthrop Arms Hotel

I have never heard of Ride Right. Since this thread was started a new company, Winthrop taxi, started operating in Winthrop.

The only ones I am familiar with in Revere are Patriot and Atlantic.

Reply to: Cab Fare to Logan from Winthrop Arms Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Winthrop