We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping, Lunch/Dinner Ideas...

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
60 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping, Lunch/Dinner Ideas...

My sister-in-law & I are having a spa/girls day in a couple weeks. We will be at the Tu Moda Day Spa. I am looking for suggestions for some shopping and lunch/dinner. We are not looking to go to a mall, exactly. Do any of you have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
681 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping, Lunch/Dinner Ideas...

These restaurants have great food, ambiance, and are always lively..The Sole Proprietor (seafood) on Highland St., Via (Italian) and Mezcal (upscale Mexican) on Shrewsbury St. One-Eleven Chophouse (steak) on Shrewsbury St. is also good, but pricey and a little less casual than the others.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping, Lunch/Dinner Ideas...

I can't disagree with either the Sole, Via, my favorite, or the 111 Chop House, all of which by the way have the same owner.

JDP

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping, Lunch/Dinner Ideas...

Shopping: not a lot of options in worcester but there are a few funky boutique type stores on Highland Street/West Street area (near the Sole Proprietor).

Closer to Tu Moda, there are a couple of gift/art type stores (between Pleasant and Elm St on Park Ave (rt 9 East from Pleasant St)

There is a new restaurant in Worcester at the Beechwood Hotel -Ceres - that is quite good. It's on Belmont Street (again rt 9 East - Highland Street ends and becomes Belmont Street at Lincoln Square) and Plantation Street (near U Mass Medical Center.)

I am not a great fan of the Chop House or Via but they are quite popular. The Sole is OK with good fish dishes

I find that Ceres is more to my taste. the menu is eclectic with a wide price range (they offer small portion or regular size), the decor unique and modern

hope this helps

jhgrady

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping, Lunch/Dinner Ideas...

Shopping: not a lot of options in worcester but there are a few funky boutique type stores on Highland Street/West Street area (near the Sole Proprietor).

Closer to Tu Moda, there are a couple of gift/art type stores (between Pleasant and Elm St on Park Ave (rt 9 East from Pleasant St)

There is a new restaurant in Worcester at the Beechwood Hotel -Ceres - that is quite good. It's on Belmont Street (again rt 9 East - Highland Street ends and becomes Belmont Street at Lincoln Square) and Plantation Street (near U Mass Medical Center.)

I am not a great fan of the Chop House or Via but they are quite popular. The Sole is OK with good fish dishes

I find that Ceres is more to my taste. the menu is eclectic with a wide price range (they offer small portion or regular size), the decor unique and modern

hope this helps

jhgrady

5. Re: Shopping, Lunch/Dinner Ideas...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 04:16