We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worcester culinary scene II

Which Worcester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,667 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Worcester culinary scene II

Went to Bocado, with the Mrs, daughter & son-in-law. Always wanted to try a tapas place and this did not disappoint.

First off, I cannot begin to describe all that we had but it was terrific. I knew going in that the plates would be small. What was surprising was that by the time we got our last plate before dessert was just how full we were. We took the last dish home, a combination of onion rings, chicken & rice. That might sound bland but this entire meal wasn't. I let our waiter pretty much get for us his recommendations and they all hit the mark, even the wine. Again, I would not do this justice by saying exactly what we had. Just try it.

I will give, however, a couple of comments. First, better lighting in the dining area would be good. Also, while I liked the fact that the music wasn't blaring, I agree with my son-in-law that we couldn't hear it very well. Otherwise, I think for first timers like us, though you might seem confused, ASK QUESTIONS. Once you know how to read the menu and what to order, along with the waiter's recommendations, it is very easy.

The Worcester eating scene is alive and well. Enjoy it!!

JDP

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worcester culinary scene II

glad you liked it JDP - last time we were there we ate in the bar and it was so hard to see the menu that I used the flashlight app on my phone, embarrassing my husband beyond words! ;-)

Edited: 06 March 2011, 05:51
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worcester culinary scene II

I enjoyed Bocado as well when we ate there a while back. We got one of the full dinners "for 4" and after the 2 courses of small plates then came the Paella. By that time we were getting pretty full...and then came the dessert! Overall a good place I would recommend

3. Re: Worcester culinary scene II

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2012, 10:19