We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls weekend to Birch Run - help please!

Which Birch Run hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
460 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Girls weekend to Birch Run - help please!

Hi, my friends and I are planning a girls shopping weekend and we're considering Birch Run as our location.

Can someone please help with some information as we've never been there.

1. Is there a reasonably priced, quiet motel nearby that you can recommend?

2. Is there anything to do in the evening - ie. a comedy club or something?

3. We also like to hit Target and Walmart and maybe Kohls and Burlington Coat factory when we're in the States, are these stores nearby?

4. Is it just the Prime Outlets that has good discount shopping or is there somewhere else we should consider?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,656 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls weekend to Birch Run - help please!

I am not much of a shopper, but you may want to consider Great Lakes Crossing: http://www.shopgreatlakescrossing.com/ It is a huge indoor mall.

It is on I-75 about 50 miles (45 minutes) south of Birch Run. It would fill your need for Target and Burlington Coat Factory. Looks like there are a couple Walmarts along that stretch of I-75,

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls weekend to Birch Run - help please!

If you end up in Birch Run, then the mall in Saginaw (20 miles) will have your other stores-either in the mall, or surrounding the mall. You will need a car, of course, but I am assuming you will have that already.

There are several motels/hotels in the BR area. Hampton Inn, Country Inn and Suites (I like this one), just click on the upper left corner of this page "Birch Run Hotels" and they will list for you. All about equal.

Nightlife. Not really. They do have a large movie theater, with several screens. You might like going into Frankenmuth for nightlife. Some of the local pubs (bars) might have a band or two playing or a DJ; Frankenmuth also has numerous festivals going on and you will probably be in the area during one. So, google Frankenmuth. You also might enjoy shopping in Frankenmuth-some unique, locally owned stores, as well as the world's largest Christmas store.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls weekend to Birch Run - help please!

last March my 21 year old daughter and I did a "girls weekend" we stayed @ Druey Inn, which is in downtown Frankemuth, at the end of town. The rooms were very nice and clean. Weeknites they have a "happy hour" where you can get 2 drinks and they have muchies out. There is NO bar in the hotel, its just for during happy hour. The drinks were small and just ok.

They have a nice breakfast in the morning, where you can make your own waffles. There is a hot tub and pool. Now 2 doors down is a "local bar", where drinks are reasonable and so is the food. I don't think they have entertainment (Main Street Tavern), We had a lot fun there since we had been to one of the chicken places earlier, and our waiter and buddies showed up. They partyed with us. I don't know if there is any "nitelife" in

Frankenmuth, but I like the shopping.

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
563 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls weekend to Birch Run - help please!

I would also recommend Great Lake Crossings. They have many of the same outlet stores as Birch Run and a much closer drive (compare the stores on the websites to see what fits the bill).

Great Lakes Crossings and the Auburn Hills/Rochester area will offer you a lot more in the way of restaurants, entertainment, nightlife. All the extra big chain stores are within a few mile drive. Downtown Rochester offers several nightlife options including billiards, brewery, dancing, live music, etc. Plus if you travel on Interstate I-75 north you will pass two other large shopping malls about 10 miles before Great Lakes (Oakland Mall at 14 mile road and the upscale Somerset Mall at Big Beaver/16 mile road)

5. Re: Girls weekend to Birch Run - help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Birch Run