We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anything to do?

Which Charlevoix hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
anything to do?

What is there to do in charlevoix for kids? any attractions? beaches?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anything to do?

Hummm ,, we went shopping, we fished in the channel. We looked for petoskey stones. We stayed at the Edgewater which had a great pool. We went to the public park near the boat landing on Lake Charlevoix and jumped off the dock. We drove to TC to the zoo,,, no more:( we drove to Mackinac City and took the ferry to the Island.

Indiana
Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anything to do?

Hop on the Ferry and visit Beaver Island.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anything to do?

My favorite topic! Charlevoix is great for kids! We go to the public beach on Lake Michigan to swim, snorkel for Petoskey stones, watch the boats go in and out of the Pine River. We shop along Bridge Street, have ice cream at Kilwins, each lunch at Village Inn Pizza or for a splurge at the Weathervane where we can watch more boats on the Pine River. We swim in Lake Charlevoix. My three kids (ages 9, 11 and 13) thoroughly enjoy a picnic and swimming on Fisherman's Island south of town. Don't miss the community band concert in the concert shell (middle of town). It is either on Wednesday or Thursday night. It presents another great opportunity for Kilwin's Ice Cream (my kids love Blue Moon which we don't have here in NJ, I love the French Silk!). Charter fishing is also a big hit with my gang. You can charter fish out of Round Lake near John Cross Fisheries. My kids love to do this with my hubby, dad and brother in law. My sister, Mom and I love to have lunch and shop on that day.

We also enjoy heading up to Petoskey for mini golf, shopping in the Gaslight District and strolling the marina where there are frequently festivals.

Enjoy! We will be there for a couple of weeks in August and can't wait! Moms

4. Re: anything to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Charlevoix
More Charlevoix Topics