We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Route To Dearborn From OH Turnpike/Toledo?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Route To Dearborn From OH Turnpike/Toledo?

We're driving up to Dearborn Sunday and are getting conflicting information about the best way to get there from the Ohio Turnpike/Toldeo exits. Both AAA and Mapquest advise using I- 75 to M-39 and AAA specifically said there were no construction issues, but the Michigan 511 site says that not only is there construction on 75 but M-39 is totally closed on the weekends, but as we are totally unfamiliar with the local roads the site mentions there it's hard to tell just which part of M-39 is affected. What's the best and easiest way of getting to Dearborn? Thanks for any help.

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Route To Dearborn From OH Turnpike/Toledo?

Were it me, I would take I-75 north to I-275 west. Exit I-275 at I-94 east.

Round-about I know, but probably the least congested route. The info you have on M39 closure is correct, OhioStar.

Edited: 16 September 2011, 13:07
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Route To Dearborn From OH Turnpike/Toledo?

OK, thanks! Great help! One more question - where would we exit I-94 for Dearborn?

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Route To Dearborn From OH Turnpike/Toledo?

I think there are five Dearborn exits, all to major roads. Where do you need to get to in Dearborn?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Route To Dearborn From OH Turnpike/Toledo?

We're seeing the Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village, staying at the Hyatt Regency on Town Center. The M-39 exit would seem to be the closest, but we are not sure that's open.

Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
591 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Route To Dearborn From OH Turnpike/Toledo?

That's where I live. I can see the GV fireworks (when they do them) from my house.

I would take I-75 to exit 42 which is outer drive (which is the exit AFTER southfield). Head west towards Southfield Road/39, turn right (on Southfield).). Yon't even need to get on the highway (you can if you want) and go about 2 miles north and you'll see a huge sign on the left (its Outer Drive, Oakwood, Rotunda and then the entrance (village road?). You really can't miss it.

As a bonus, one more exit past village road that is Michigan which is where the Hyatt is (at Michigan and Southfield), you can probably even see it from there (it's the next tallest building down Southfield).

http://goo.gl/maps/8gER

I just picked an address by the exit so you can see the route I'm explaining. They are 8 other ways you could do practically the same shortcut, but this one tie's in more the with the Hyatt too.

I'm not sure what they're doing over that way because I've been avoiding it. I believe all the 94/39 construction is a few miles south of here (and then there is some a few miles north of the Hilton, but the middle has been fine for me lately).

Gary

Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
591 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Route To Dearborn From OH Turnpike/Toledo?

And I just realized this is a year old :)

But we've got construction now too!!!

7. Re: Best Route To Dearborn From OH Turnpike/Toledo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2017, 04:15