We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flint Airport

Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Flint Airport

Any advice on the FNT airport? I'm flying in there on Saturday. Is the car rental on premises?

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,881 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flint Airport

It has been a long time since I flew through there, but it appears rental car is on premises: http://www.bishopairport.org/parking.htm

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,651 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flint Airport

It is, the counters are inside the airport by baggage claim. The airport terminal is not all that big so it is easy to find your way around. I see you are heading to TC. There is a bit of construction heading north on I-75 just north of Flint but nothing to worry about. Basicly a lane shift and 60MPH for 10 miles or so then clear sailing on up. There was some brige work at M55 with intermittant one lane closed but it didn't seem to effect traffic at all.

Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flint Airport

Thanks Bill for the heads up re: the construction. Now that we're living in FL I keep forgetting that the state flower of MI is the orange cone. :-)

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flint Airport

I love using the Flint airport-so easy to get in/out of. Rentals are right in terminal. Exit airport to I-75 in 3 minutes, if that! Never have had a problem w/ Flint. Have fun Up North. Tyme

Michigan
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flint Airport

I love flying out of Flint, the airport is great. But, a lot of the flights connect out of Detroit Metro anyway, and there almost always seems to be issues with getting the connections on time, etc. If they only had more direct flights...

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
46 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flint Airport

Even if you have to connect through Detroit, I find Bishop Airport much more convenient. Coming from Bay City, it saves on driving another hour or so in traffic down to DTW, the parking is much cheaper, and often the price is a little cheaper, even if the connecting flight is through DTW. And talk about breezing through security...They do a thorough job, of course, but it is a much more pleasant experience than waiting in long lines at DTW.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,651 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flint Airport

Michigan_Traveller72 - is there some reason you don't use the Midland-Bay City-Saginaw airport? I have used both FNT and MBS and find the prices to be about the same.....just curious.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
46 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flint Airport

MBS is greatt when you can find a good fare. Often the price is a couple hundred more than Flint or DTW. However, last spring when we flew to Vienna, it was actually cheaper to fly out of MBS than either Flint or DTW. Just goes to show you that you have to check all possibilities ;-) If I had my way, I'd always fly out of MBS, check-in is quick, security is no issue, and getting your bags on the return flight is a breeze.

Michigan
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flint Airport

Tyme or Michigan,

How do you usually get to the airport? I don't really want to leave my own car parked at the airport while I'm on vacation. Have you done a one way rental? We'll be getting back at 10:30 at night, so I'm concerned about whether the car rental terminal will be open that late ??? Do you know anything about a limo, cab, chauffer service to

Freeland from Flint?

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,881 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Flint Airport

Rental car counters are typically open until after the last flight arrives, and will probably stay open if the last flight is delayed. Book online with your rental company of choice and the website should show you the hours they are open, and reject a reservation if you try to pick up when they are closed.