We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant near Fox theatre

south western...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant near Fox theatre

We are going to see Neil Young at the Fox theatre in November. Can anyone recommend a restaurant near there that our two teens would enjoy other than Hockeytown?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
981 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant near Fox theatre

Walking distance there are several - Cheli's Chili Bar, Elwood Grill, Detroit Beer Co, , Johnny Rockets, Town Pump.

Harry's Detroit - sports bar with good food - not really walking distance - but they have an event shuttle. Just over the I-75 overpass.

BTW - see you there, cuz we're also going!!!

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant near Fox theatre

I agree with AddieBee on her recs--except for the Town Pump. Cheli's and the Elwood, while being personal favorites of ours, will be SRO the night of the concert. Try Harry's Detroit. The shuttle works.

south western...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant near Fox theatre

OK thanks for the suggestions.

So we can park at the Fox and take a shuttle? This is our first time to this theatre and the area so we don't really know where we are going.

btw- I received a free copy of Chrome Dreams II with the concert tickets. It's great! Can't wait for the concert.

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant near Fox theatre

cinderella, the shuttle would run from Harry's Detroit, to the Fox Theater. They have enclosed parking at the restaurant.

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant near Fox theatre

Cinderella50,

As you don't know the area, let me reassure you that you can arrive early, park at the Fox, walk to Harry's and then take Harry's shuttle back to the Fox. To be on the safe side, I would call Harry's to make sure that the shuttle will be operating that night.

Harry's is about 1/2 mile or so from the Fox, but the walk isn't the loveliest in the city; not dangerous, just boring and unattractive IMHO.

The most prominent feature enroute is the I-75 freeway. You will walk over I-75, as it is below the level of city streets. Google Harry's Detroit Bar, click on the "directions" link and the map will show you what I mean. To orient you, the Fox is located at the corner of Woodward and W. Montcalm.

Detroit
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant near Fox theatre

Try Vincenti's on Library st. Its only about 7-8 block walk. Cuban, my 18yoa nephew loved it. They have entrees or topas so you can try a bunch of things.

Windsor, Ontario...
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant near Fox theatre

What about the Hard Rock Cafe? It is a short walk from the Fox.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
981 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurant near Fox theatre

Vicente's a favorite of ours as well. I didn't reco iit b/c I didn't know if the teenagers would like Cuban food. But it is excellent.

If you don't mind going a little farther afield - and you can take the the People Mover there - there is a brand new center right next to the Ren Cen called Asian Village - with a fancy Asian fusion place and a kind of fancy food court where you can get all kinds of Asian fare - Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it got really good reviews.

9. Re: restaurant near Fox theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Detroit