We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Romulus/DTW

Which Detroit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, Ontario
4 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation in Romulus/DTW

Good Day All,

Anyone have any recent experience(s) with hotels in the Romulus area of Michigan; in particular the hotels near the Detroit Metro Airport?

My family, of 4, including two children (ages 14 and 5) and I are planning to drive from London Ontario the day before our flight from DTW to Las Vegas. We intend on staying at one of the hotels near the airport to take advantage of the park and fly packages but are just overwhelmed with the choices.

Is it preferable to book directly with the hotel or use one of the travel sites (i.e. Expedia, etc.)?

What about "parksleepfly.com" are they reputable?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Romulus/DTW

I always use the Crown Plaza in Romulous with Park and Fly when I have an early flight. I usually call and book directly with the hotel. It's a nice hotel, accomadating staff, comfy beds and quiet.

www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/dttcp

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Romulus/DTW

La Quinta usually offers a $100 room and park & fly special. The hotel is nice. You don't really need to use the parksleepfly.com site as booking with the hotel directly and informing them of the online price will usually result in them beating that price. I have used it once with no problem though so I would say yes they are reputable.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Romulus/DTW

We used the Comfort Inn Detroit Metro in April prior to leaving for MX.

I think the rate was around $85 per night. They actually gave us a voucher for the secured airport lot across from the hotel, which we usually use anyway. That worked out well because you catch their (the parking lot's) shuttle back rather than waiting for or calling the hotel's shuttle.

We liked the Comfort Inn...bar/restuarant onsite, early breakfast available.

Any of the places on Merriman Rd. will most likely be fine. I would skip parksleepfly.com and book directly...

4. Re: Accommodation in Romulus/DTW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 19:17