We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiger game

Which Detroit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tiger game

We are making a quick trip to Detroit Aug 9th & 10th and are thinking of taking in the Tigers game on Sunday Aug 10th. Do we need to get tickets in advance or are they readily available? The bleachers will be fine for us if it has good sightlines.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,532 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiger game

They are selling out most games, especially on weekends. You should be able to get standing room at the gate, but even that has become overcrowded and it is tough to find a decent spot to watch. Even though I hate paying the ticket agent fees, for out of town games there is really no way of guaranteeing seats in advance.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
981 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiger game

I wouldn't gamble. As tev said, games sell out.

You can try the Tigers web site... also there is a ticket auction on the team's site I think it's done with Stub Hub. You can try SH separately or the local Craigslist.

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiger game

Also give eBay a try too. I have had luck there, I bought my Indians tickets down at Progressive through eBay and I had no problems.

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiger game

all excellant posts, I would just add always check the detroit tigers website first for tickets, but chances are, like already said, they are sold out. They also list original price ranges. It may help you shopping for tickets with the outlets, which are always more.

www.detroittigers.com

It's a beautiful ball park!

5. Re: Tiger game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 16:19