We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sleep park fly

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
sleep park fly

Looking for sleeping including parking with frequent shuttles to airport.

If you bid from Priceline or Hotwire and get a hotel, can you assume the parking is included? What is quicker, hotel with onsite or moving the car. Are there ones that are closer than others to the airport?

Embassy

Crowne Plaza

Marriott?

etc

We just want really clean, close and since we are flying with spirit, last time (can't remember with whom) we had to wait almost 30 mins for a shuttle; we were the last two people waiting and both caught pneumonia in a snow storm.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,844 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sleep park fly

Most of the hotels are clustered together on Merriman road. The only other one I can think of is the Quality (I think) on Middlebelt. It is less than a five minute trip to the terminal from any of them.

Priceline bids will not include parking. You are much better off dealing directly with the hotel for a park/fly rate, or factor in ~ $9 a day in parking at US Park, Qwik Park or Airlines Parking on top of your priceline rate.

If you use the hotel shuttle, make sure you clearly tell them when you need to go. I had a mix up at a Four Points in New Orleans last week because I was not actually on the list for the 7:00 shuttle, and nobody else needed to go to the airport, so the driver never looked for me standing outside. I was just picking up a rental car, so it was not a big deal. The parking lot shuttles run constantly so you should never wait for more than a few minutes.

michigan
Level Contributor
314 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sleep park fly

I've stayed at Baymont 3 times - quick (10-15 minutes) shuttle, park on site at the hotel, good rates, nice room.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
232 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sleep park fly

We have also stayed at the Baymont several times and had their park and fly rate. Call them directly to book it.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sleep park fly

I've been using either of these websites

www.parksleepfly.com/index.php…

buyreservations.com/AHR%20-%201%20-%20Home%2…

Several of the hotels mentioned here are listed and includes parking. I think you'll find the prices less than dealing direct with the hotel.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sleep park fly

I have a related question,

I have a comped stay at the Courtyard, but it's just the room, no park & fly. I spoke with the manager and he said he's more than willing to allow me to park in their lot for the week, but it's at my own risk...no locked gates, 24 hour security, etc. Do I need to worry about theft, etc at this property or is it reasonably safe? I can always shuttle my car to an airport lot the night before, but I'd like to avoid the hassle (and expense).

If you think I should use a lot, which?

Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sleep park fly

The Baymont doesn't use an official gated lot, just their own parking lot and I've never had a problem. Courtyard is in a high traffic area - I'd be cheap and leave it at the hotel......

7. Re: sleep park fly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 05:28
Get answers to your questions about Detroit